Yes. All you have to do to stop or change your donation is to directly notify your payroll department.
Children's Hospice South West can only directly claim back at the basic rate but please complete and return the declaration.
As a higher rate taxpayer, if you declare your donations on your tax return, you can claim a rebate based on the difference between the higher rate and the basic rate when you fill in your self-assessment form.
Your Payroll Giving donation automatically stops when you leave your job. It's easy to start giving through the scheme again. Simply contact the payroll department at your new workplace.
- Parking at Hartland Quay, the finish line, for a small fee.
- Courtesy shuttle bus to the start line at Morwenstow. Dogs are not permitted on the shuttle bus.
- Clearly marked and marshalled route.
- CHSW cheer team and support all day!
- Regular check points with complimentary snacks and water to top up bottles - Cornish half a cream tea scone (jam then cream) at first check point and Devon half a cream tea (cream then jam….) at the second check point – judging to take place at finish line! (Please remember that these stops are in addition to you bringing your own packed lunch and snacks and are only intended as a top up)
- Support vehicles
- Medical assistance
- Finish line celebrations for all participants and their supporters with music and refreshments
- Hot food (BBQ) for participants
- Support from your community fundraiser to raise at least £100
- Invitation to visit your local hospice to see how your money supports our families.
- Commemorative booklet with route, free training guide and advice
- Training programme
- Finisher's medal
Children’s Hospice South West works with an excellent (ATOL protected) tour operators called Charity Challenge, Action for Charity, Dream Challenges, Discover Adventure and Action Challenge all based in the UK.
These tour operators arrange the details of your trip and use a local ground agent to arrange accommodation, meals, transfers etc. The trips are well organised and you will be well looked after, so all you have to concentrate on is the challenge ahead.
You are welcome to bring your dog to join you on the evening. They will need to remain on a lead and we ask that participants with dogs remain at the back of the walk to avoid other participants tripping over leads due to it being dark.
Yes. We can train you for most of our roles. Volunteering can be a great way to develop your skills while boosting your CV.
You can login using your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account by selecting the desired login option under the Login menu or by clicking the corresponding icon. Please note that a pop-up window will appear when attempting to login. If you have a pop-up blocker activated in your browser you will need to allow pop-ups in order to login.
We want everyone to have the maximum bubbly fun possible so here are a few things to take into account to make sure your children have a great time:
- The PH of our foam is very mild, however too much of a good thing can be a little irritating, especially to little eyeballs. It is well worth bringing a pair of swimming goggles or buying a pair of our cool colourful sunglasses at the merchandise stall on site.
- Bring a towel, wet wipes or face cloth to wipe down your child’s face after running through each bubble and paint station. Also it's a good idea to dry their hands, before those soapy suds make it to their eyes.
- We also recommend children use bandanas or similar wrapped around their mouths to make sure they don’t eat too many bubbles and end up with bubble trouble in their tummies!
- If it’s looking like a sunny day please ensure you bring sunscreen, and sun hats as there will not be much shelter in the event village.
- The bubbles can become very high so we recommend that small children are lifted through the bubbles so they do not get lost amongst the foam and foam is not inhaled.
Please return your tickets to Children's Hospice South West, Little Bridge House, Redlands Road, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 2PZ.
When returning tickets, please remember to:
- Make sure all ticket stubs are correctly filled in
- Make your cheque or postal order for the total amount payable to "CHSW"
- Complete your reply slip and enclose it with your cheque or postal order and ticket stubs in the reply envelope provided.
You'll need to complete an application form from the event page. Some events are by application process, we aim to let you know the result of your application as soon as possible. Some events are confirmed instantly as long as you are committed to raising the minimum fundraising pledge and you pay a registration fee.
We welcome referrals from family members whose child has been diagnosed with a life-limiting condition, or professionals. With your families permission we will then contact your professional support team (GP, consultants, key workers etc) to gather up-to-date information about your child's current needs and likely future prognosis. To make a referral please contact us.
If you have any concerns, please get in touch with us at 08456 888 911. Our lottery hotline is open from Tuesday to Friday from 9.00am - 4.30pm. At all other times please leave a message on our answerphone.
Please bring your running number, which will have been posted to you with your Fundraising Pack, and ensure the medical details are completed on the reverse. You will need to bring safety pins to attach your number to your front ready for the start of the race. If you have lost your number please come to the Information Tent where we can issue you with another.
We ask that you pay in your full fundraising amount within one month of your event.
Please let us know if you are not going to be able to pay in your money on time for any reason.
Yes of course! The route takes place on pavements, but you will be required to cross roads, so you may require assistance. A named carer will be welcomed to join you to provide assistance on the night. Please call Little Harbour fundraising office on 01726 871 800 to discuss further.
Yes. We ask you register yourself and the members of your group so we know who is taking part and you receive all the support and information you need.
You will be started in waves.
CHSW operates a Sibling Service at each hospice, providing dedicated support and care to the brothers and sisters of life-limited children.
During family stays, the siblings can spend as much or as little time as needed with a devoted sibling team. Contact is maintained with the siblings during their time at the hospice, between visits with newsletters, emails and days out and after their brother or sister’s death, for as long as they need.
Canonteign Falls is a tough abseil and you will need to be fit and reasonably confident on your feet to be able to get to the top of the abseil and climb over the fence at the top. If you have any doubt in your ability to take part in the abseil please discuss this with your event organisers.
Being able to walk quickly up a flight of stairs, jump a foot off the ground and climb over obstacles such as fences unaided, would be a good example of mobility needed. If you are in any doubt about your fitness / mobility to participate in abseil event you have chosen, please consult the abseil organisers first and then your doctor if needed.
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. This cancellation period will expire 14 days after the day on which you (or the person you nominate) received the goods, or received the final item from an order for several items. To exercise your right to cancel you must inform us in a clear statement sent by post or email to the address below.
Children's Hospice South West, Little Bridge House, Redlands Road, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 2PZ
If you cancel this contract, we will refund all payments received from you, including the costs of standard delivery only. We may make a deduction for the loss in value of the goods, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
We will make the refund as soon as possible, and no later than 14 days from the day you return any goods, or provide evidence of return. We may withhold the refund until we have received the returned goods, or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
We will make the refund using the same means of payment that you used for the initial purchase unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. You will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
You shall send back the goods without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
Returned goods should be in perfect condition to obtain the full refund and we ask that you arrange and pay for return postage (unless the goods are faulty). If goods are faulty you can request a replacement instead of a refund.
Charitable donations made with an order cannot be refunded.
The British weather is notoriously unpredictable so keep an eye on the forecast and bring waterproofs if it’s looking dodgy as the Santa suits are not waterproof!
Absolutely! Perhaps you could get your boss on board, or ask if your workplace could match the amount of money you raise.
If conditions become so bad that it is considered dangerous to continue then we may make the decision to abandon the event for that day. But a little rain won’t stop us!
Yes, setting up a gift online is also completely safe. Any personal information you enter onto our online Direct Debit pages (including, name, address and bank account details) is encrypted before being sent to us.
Your information is saved in a secure environment using industry standard practices. You are then covered by the Direct Debit guarantee. We will write to you to confirm the details of your gift, and give you at least 21 days before taking the first payment. You can amend or cancel at any time.