Shop with us
We are delighted to share the news that most of our wonderful charity shops are now open!
Most of our shops are trading 9.00am - 5.00pm Tuesday to Saturday at present, please call your local shop before visiting.
We have been overwhelmed with kind donations and we ask that prior to taking your donations to your shop please do contact them first, particularly if you have a large donation.
Until further notice we are still not able to carry out home collections.
To ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and customers a number of measure have been put into place within our shops.
We look forward to welcoming you back and seeing you in our shops soon!
- Reduced opening hours to complete end of day cleaning. There will be full cleaning of the sales floor to include hangers and rails at the end of each day
- We will be following strict social distancing rules for staff and customers
- The shop floors will be marked out to help with social distancing
- Signs will be placed around the shop to remind customers of social distancing and sanitising units will be available at entrance and exit points
- We will limit the number of customers that we will allow into the shop at any one time
- Signs on the window reminding customers not to enter if they have symptoms of covid-19
- Card payments only will be accepted
- Fitting rooms will remain closed
- All touch points will be cleaned during the day
- Till screens for protecting both the till operator and customer
- Donations will be received with minimum or no handling by the staff and will be quarantined before sorting
- Reduced opening times ensure we have 2 members of staff on duty during opening hours. This will allow us to accept donations safely and monitor the numbers of customers on the shop floor
- All staff and volunteers have been provided with training on the new ways of working
- Relevant PPE will be provided or all shop staff and volunteers
- New signage ‘back of house’ to remind staff of all hand hygiene and social distancing rules
Are you receiving donations at you shops?
Our open shops will be gratefully receiving donations. Please help us by ensuring that all donations are in tied or sealed boxes / bags if possible and please call your shop prior to visiting with donations.
How do we know that donated goods will be safe to purchase?
- All stock, donations and returns will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hrs before being sorted and placed on the shop floor
- All clothing will be steamed and non-clothing cleaned with antibacterial cleaner before reaching the sales floor
Are you receiving shop donations at your hospices?
Unfortunately we are not currently accepting shop donations at our hospice sites due to reduced staffing levels. We hope that this will change in the coming weeks.
Why are you phasing the opening of your shops?
We are phasing the re-opening of our shops to ensure we have fully tested our new ways of working before rolling out across all of our shops in a timely fashion.
We will also be able to judge the public’s confidence in the High Street so that we can make the right commercial decisions for the charity.
When might more of your charity shops be opening?
We are hoping to open more shops throughout August
I’ve got donations for the shop but am shielding – can anyone collect them?
Sorry, we are unable to make house collections at the moment.
Gifts that make a difference
Gifts that make a difference
Written by Richard Trethewey, the hospice’s Music Therapist, the words of the song are themed around the idea of a harbour being a place of safety, shelter, strength and peace. The single, Harbour Walls, which is now available to purchase or download, was recorded by the Little Harbour Staff Choir made up of nurses, doctors, carers, sibling workers as well as kitchen, admin and housekeeping staff.