Great reasons to join our team
We’re a good employer and a great place to work because:
- We provide an excellent working environment
- We continually aim for high performance
- We are a diverse workforce
- We provide great development opportunities
- We have a real focus on employee engagement
- We support learning, innovation and improvement across the organisation.
I love it here. It's about making the most of every day.
Benefits of working for CHSW
- Competitive salary
- Generous leave entitlement of 33 days plus bank holidays. Your entitlement extends with service
- Enchanced sick pay entitlement
- Personal pension scheme with 7% employer contribution (or NHS pension for those already contributing)
- Training and development opportunities
- Group life insurance scheme; Death in Service
- Eye care and child care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme for you to access a range of advice and support
- Family friendly policies
- Green agenda
- Depending on your role, hybrid working and flexible working options
- Free on-site car parking
- Mental Health Champions.
Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) exists to make the most of short and precious lives, we provide expert holistic and family centred care for life-limited children, young people and their families across the South West of England. This is delivered through our three hospices; Little Bridge House in North Devon, Charlton Farm in North Somerset and Little Harbour in Cornwall. Through our region-wide network of staff and supporters we raise awareness of the children, young people and families whose needs we serve.
Our vision for the future
To be recognised regionally and nationally as a progressive centre of excellence in the care of children and young people who are expected to die before attaining adulthood and their families through enhancing the quality and range of services offered in an efficient and sustainable way which maximises choice and access, and is carried out in partnership with others. Also sharing our expertise widely through the provision of education.
CHSW’s ethos is to ensure that everyone (Trustees and all staff) place children, young people and their families at the centre of the organisation. In order to achieve this, everyone will be expected to promote a strong, caring community environment characterised by sensitivity, consideration and responsiveness to others. CHSW will provide an excellent working environment and strive to be an employer of choice for equivalent organisations in the same sector.