Become a Young Ambassador
Are you a student who could help raise the profile of CHSW whilst developing your personal and professional skills?
We are looking for a group of students with drive, energy, good communication skills and a team player, to join our Young Ambassador scheme.
Through training, mentoring and working with other likeminded students you will become a knowledgeable group of young people able to represent CHSW as well as develop your own personal skills, improve confidence, learn presentation and communication skills as well as support or run events whilst communicating the work of CHSW.
Are you who we're looking for?
Are you in year 12? Can you support us through sixth form and potentially after and even during university
Do you have energy, drive, enthusiasm and ideas to help drive our fundraising forward?
Are you a good listener? Can you communicate to all age groups?
Can work in a team to achieve amazing results?
Do you wish to make a difference and help make the most of short and precious lives?
How we will train, mentor and support our Young Ambassadors
- Detailed feedback on your application and Interview, with discussions to follow if you request it.
- Two days of training in a supported learning environment; including presentation skills, communication, event planning, the work of a charity and how it is funded.
- A detailed introduction to CHSW, tour of a local hospice and hearing directly from a parent about the difference the charity has made to their family.
- You will deliver a presentation, receiving feedback and support from your peers and the CHSW Young Ambassador Coordinators.
- Additional training sessions offered on how to use the media and social media from a professional point of view, event planning and health and Safety and completing risk assessments.
Benefits for students
- Improving self confidence
- Detailed understanding of how one organisation (CSHW) works
- Develop skills in writing an application form and interview skills
- Being more aware of how important communication and body language are
- Working as part of a team and how to motivate others
- Develop and adapt communication skills including presenting to others
- Effectively giving and accepting feedback
- Working in a team and delivering excellence
- A CV which sets you apart from others
The Young Ambassador scheme is run through partnerships with local schools and colleges. If you are interested in the Young Ambassador Scheme, please see if your schools or college is already involved or ask your school or college to contact us.
If you are a school or college wishing to find out more and get involved please complete the enquiry form and your local Area fundraiser will be in contact.
Our current partnerships include Hayesfield Girls' School & Mixed Sixth Form, West Buckland School, Bideford College and Petroc College (Barnstaple and Tiverton).