You'd be forgiven for thinking that our hospices are like hospitals, but they are fully accessible and have been built and designed to be like a home-from-home.
Children’s Hospice South West provides hospice care for children and families who live in the South West and delivers this service from three children’s hospices across the region.
We care for children and young people aged 0-21 from the point of diagnosis who have a life-limiting or life-threatening condition and are not expected to survive into adulthood as well as providing support to their families.
The Care Teams at the hospices create a relaxed, informal but very supportive atmosphere.
There are many facilities for all the family to enjoy at each of our hospices. These include:
- Hydrotherapy pool
- Games room with activities and computer games
- Messy play room for art, craft, sand and water play
- Relaxing multi-sensory room
- Soft play room for energetic play
- Wide range of different toys and games
- Large garden with good access
The Care Teams at our hospices are multidisciplinary teams from a wide range of backgrounds, including nurses, other professionals and carers.