A cookie is a small file that is downloaded onto your computer. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. Cookies allow a website to recognise the user. For example, a cookie may remember a certain point in a process or user preferences.
First Party Cookies are set by the website you are visiting. Third Party Cookies are set by someone other than the owner of the website that you are visiting. For example, we provide links on our website to videos on YouTube and cookies are set by YouTube. We do not control these cookies, although you can adjust your browser settings.
There are different types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are needed to make the website work and allow you to use the site effectively.
These cookies are used to remember a choice that you make on our website, which provides you with more personalised features.
Performance cookies are used to measure how visitors use our website.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests and limit the number of times you see a particular advertisement. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
How we use information from cookies
CHSW uses information from cookies in order to:
- Improve our website and services by gathering information about how our website is used.
- Facilitate a user to navigate through the website, for example when completing a registration form.
- Determine whether the website is operating effectively.
- Improve the service we offer you by understanding your preferences.
- Use ecommerce tracking to allow us to measure the number of transactions and revenue that our website generates. This includes a transaction ID which when linked with information in our secure database, can identify individuals.
In your web browser, you can control which types of cookies you allow; some changes you make may affect the functionality of the website. You can turn cookies on or off using your browser's settings. You can also delete cookies and clear your browser's cache (history). For further information about cookies, including how to manage and delete them, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org