- Virtual Rainbow Run 2020
- Make your Rainbow Run lots of fun
- Over the weekend
- More information
Get rainbowed up and run... or skip, or jog, or walk, or skate, or hop...
Considering the uncertainty relating to the Coronavirus pandemic, unfortunately, we are unable to bring you our three Rainbow Runs in the normal way this year. However we’re holding our first ever Virtual Rainbow Run on the weekend of 20 - 21 June!
Simply complete 5k your way and help spread more rainbows by wearing the brightest colours possible. Whether you rock a tie-dye tee, get crazy with hair colours or go fully fledged rainbow warrior with flashy face paint, we want you to get colourful and creative at home. Choose to complete it in one go, or shorter bursts over the two days.
Over the weekend there will be virtual warm-ups, competitions and even an after party. Join the Facebook event so you don’t miss anything!
Registration is free!
So that we know you're taking part, register you and your family, and when you raise a minimum suggested sponsorship target of £15 per adult, or £9 per child, we’ll send you a colourful Rainbow Run medal.
With many of our events being cancelled this year, we really hope you join us virtually, helping to raise funds to ensure local children and families can continue to receive the vital care they need now and into the future.
Latest event news
Kindly sponsored by
Fundraising ideas and downloads
Last year’s Rainbow Runs across the region, raised an amazing £150k. With many of our events being cancelled this year, we really hope you'll join us virtually, helping to raise vital funds to ensure that local children and families can continue to receive the care they need now and into the future. When you raise a minimum suggested sponsorship target of £15 per adult, or £9 per child, we’ll send you a colourful Rainbow Run medal.
Set up an online giving page and share with friends and family on social media.
Virtual Rainbow Run fundraising ideas
- Ask for sponsorship per kilometre of your 5k
- Complete your 5k as a sponsored silence
- Take on your 5k as a sponsored challenge; do it backwards, three-legged, giving someone a piggy-back ride or pushing someone in a wheelbarrow (member of your own household)
- Do head shave or colour your hair brightly the day before your 5k for sponsorship
- Ask for sponsorship for the most colourful outfit in your household
- Perform a sponsored sing-along during your 5k route
- Take on a sponsored egg and spoon race against your family or friends during your 5k
- How many rainbows can you find along your 5k route? Ask for sponsorship per rainbow
Hold your own virtual event to raise sponsorship
- Virtual Rainbow Bingo
- Rainbow quiz
- Rainbow cake eating competition
- Evening of entertainment
- Virtual Duck Race
Your supporters can simply donate on your onling giving page.
Extra ideas to help boost your fundraising over the weekend
- Beard/moustache growing competition
- Car washing at home
- Chocolate ban for day/week/month
- Dog walking for family
- Guess the number of sweets in a jar
- Hamper raffle
- Karaoke competition
- No TV/phone/technology for a day/week/month
- Odd jobs at home (such as window cleaning, ironing or gardening for family)
- Swear box
- Wax or shave unwanted hair
- Practice face painting so you can rock it on the day!
- Get creative with glittery eyeshadow
- Go crazy with hair colours!
- Decorate your beard with paint
- Paint each of your nails a colour of the rainbow
- Try out a tie-dye clothing kit
- Print out and decorate the running bib download
- Find a white t-shirt and decorate it rainbow style
- Make your own tutu or flower garland
- Create a cardboard rainbow costume
- Make your own rainbow flag to carry
- Purchase Holi Powder Paint to create your own rainbow of colour
- Share your photos and creative costumes with us to win our competition
Complete the 5k your way
- Let your neighbours know so they clap and cheer!
- Join in with our virtual warm-ups
- Run 1k, skip 1k, hop 1k, walk 1k, dance 1k!
- Make a playlist to listen to while completing your 5k
- Decorate pebbles with rainbows and leave them in different spots during your 5k
- Involve the dog and decorate his lead!
- Take a drawing of a rainbow with you to spread joy during your 5k
- Decorate your bike or scooter
- Look out for rainbows in windows along the way
- Link your Just Giving page with Strava
- Create your own finish line
Rainbow Run after party
- Print off the CHSW bunting download and hang in your garden
- Make rainbow cakes
- Make or purchase your own rainbow powder paint for some extra colour
It is not just a run but a weekend full of fun...
Virtual warm up
Once you have donned your fancy dress, we invite you to join our virtual warm-ups over the weekend to get ready for your 5k! Over the weekend there will be a warm up at 11.00am or 2.00pm with our resident warm up instructors via Zoom links provided in the Virtual Rainbow Run Facebook event page. You will get to see other people who will be completing their Rainbow Run alongside you.
We want to see how much fun you can have creating your own Rainbow Run!
- Best fancy dress
- Most inventive way of completing your 5k
- Most creative fundraising idea
- Top of our Rainbow Run Just Giving Leader Board
- Most inventive/original way to make a rainbow part of the event
Post your pictures and videos on to the Virtual Rainbow Run Facebook page over the weekend and we will announce the winners at the end of Sunday’s After Party!
Our winners will get free spaces into next year’s Rainbow Run events!
After Party and Entertainment
Join us between 4.00pm and 6.00pm on the Rainbow Run Virtual Facebook event for music and entertainment from local Dj’s to keep you entertained and to celebrate completing your Virtual Rainbow Run and raising money that will support our children and families.