Cornwall’s most colourful, family-friendly 5k turns 10 this summer so join in and cross the finish line with flying colours as we celebrate the 10 years of Rainbow Run!
Rainbow Run is open to anyone over 5 years old. You can run, skip, walk or jog with family, friends or work colleagues. However you choose to take part, you will be showered in powder paint at 7 different coloured stations and will be making a difference every step of the way.
As well as making colourful, happy memories, you will be raising vital funds for Children’s Hospice South West - by taking part you are pledging to raise at least £25. Keep up to date with the latest announcements on our Rainbow Run Cornwall 2024 Facebook event page.
Our super-duper early bird gives you a golden opportunity to save on your registration and beat the winter blues. You'll be green with envy if you miss out on the best prices, and we would be tickled pink to have you at our fun filled day out!
Sign up today and get 30% off!
- Super-duper early-bird
- On sale until midday, Monday 4 March
- Adult (16+) £14, Child (5-15 years) £7
- Super early-bird
- On sale until midday, Friday 3 May
- Adult (16+) £16, Child (5-15 years) £8
- On sale until midday, Monday 3 June
- Adult (16+) £18 Child (5-15 years) £9
- Full price
- On sale until midday, Thursday 13 June
- Adult (16+) £20, Child (5-15 years) £10
Rainbow Run medal
7 paint stations
An event village full of fun and entertainment!
Rainbow Run Birthday suprises
Runner number and “I am running for” sign
A postal fundraising pack to help you raise your sponsorship
Regular emails with support, updates, and extra fundraising tips
What taking part in Rainbow Run means to our families
Your registration fee only covers the cost of holding Rainbow Run, it is your pledged sponsorship that helps to make the most of short and precious lives in the South West.
For every pledged sponsorship of £25 per person or £70 per family, you’re helping to provide vital 24-hour care for children and young people with life-limiting conditions. Your fundraising efforts really will make such a difference and help brighten families' lives in their darkest times.
Kindly sponsored by
This year, Team Rainbow’s fundraising target is £50,000, which could help to provide vital 24-hour care for children and young people with life-limiting conditions and their families in 2024.
Can you help provide 24-hour care in 2024?
- £25 could ensure no call goes unanswered to our 3 hospices day or night, for a parent needing emergency support
- £50 could pay for freshly prepared, hot meals for the whole family to enjoy together during a weekend stay
- £70 could pay for an hour of care for a family at one of our 3 hospices
- £100 could help provide a parent with an uninterrupted night's sleep, giving them the strength to face tomorrow
When you sign up, you’ll receive a FUN-raising welcome pack that has everything you need to know about fundraising, including lots of ideas and helpful tips to inspire your journey and help you to make a real difference
Our Fundraising Team will also give you a call to help with ideas to boost your fundraising.
Fundraising online and on social media
Online fundraising is the easiest way to get sponsored. Let everyone know why you’re taking part and update your JustGiving page with photos and videos and share your page on your socials so your family and friends can sponsor you.
Rainbow Run FUN-raising ideas to raise £25
- Sell 25 cakes to friends, family members or work colleagues
- Name the Teddy- Make up 25 names and ask people to guess the name for a £1 donation.
- Get 25 people to sign your white t shirt with rainbow markers for a £1 donation!
- Invite 25 People to a rainbow bingo or quiz
- Rainbow cake eating competition
- Evening of entertainment or karaoke
- A raffle or tombola
Your supporters can simply donate on your Just Giving page
It's more than a run, it's a day of rainbow fun!
Rainbow Run is a 5k, untimed fun run. From 5km fanatics to first time runners, walkers, the over 5's to teenagers and even spectators, everyone can enjoy the brightest most colourful run of the year!
Simply don your white t-shirt and paint throwers at each of the 7 stations will cover you from head to toe in different coloured power paint, finishing the race covered in glorious rainbow colours! There are no winners or race times, it's all about having fun and every participant will receive a Rainbow Run medal as they cross the finish line.
On the day
Join us for entertainment, stalls, games and bouncy castles prior to the event. You'll be able to buy merchandise and make sure you get your before and after photos to add to our Facebook event.
Trebelzue Site, RAF St Mawgan, Newquay, Cornwall, TR8 4HP
- 12 noon-2pm Arrive in the event village to sign in and enjoy our entertainment, music, stalls, games, bouncy castles and food vendors.
- 2pm Warm up and safety briefing
- 2.30pm- 2:50pm The race begins, and you will make your way through the coloured paint stations situated across the route
You will set off in groups of 50 based on the age of the youngest participant in your group at the following times to ensure there is only so many in the paint station at any one time:
- 2.30pm Adults Only 5k Wave
- 2.40pm Adults with children aged 12-15 years 5k wave
- 2.50pm Adults with children aged 5-10 years 4k wave
After you have crossed the finish line, use our cleaning stations to wipe off excess paint and then grab an ice cream, hot food and refreshments along with enjoying all the stalls.
- 3.15pm-4pm Cross the finish line to receive your medal and enjoy the event village.
- 5pm Event village closes
Please read our FAQs for full details about the event and don’t forget to join the Rainbow Run Cornwall Facebook event page to keep up to date with the latest announcements!
Free parking is available on site but spaces are limited so please car share
What to wear
We can’t wait to shower you in all the colours of the rainbow but read our tips below about what to wear and bring with you on the day:
- A white T- shirt to show up all the colours brightly
- Older clothes and comfortable running trainers you don’t mind getting stained
- Sunglasses to protect your eyes, especially for children aged 5-11. These will be available to buy on the day for £2.00.
- If you have light coloured hair, we recommend a hat or head covering
- If you are asthmatic, we recommend you wear a mask whilst going through the paint stations.
- A change of clothes to get changed into after the race!
- Don't forget your sun cream!
We also recommend bringing old towels or sheets to protect your car and wipe off excess paint. We will provide wet wipes and brushes at the cleaning station and there will be eye wash stations after each paint station.
The powder paint used is environmentally friendly and safe however it can permanently stain your clothes and can take a while to get out your hair and skin, so we recommend lemon juice and fairy liquid to wash with at home!
As it can irritate eyes, we will only aim the powder paint at the torso.
Make your outfits even more fun!
There are lots of ways of making your outfits for Rainbow Run as colourful as possible. There will be tutu’s, sun vizors and lei’s available to buy on the day – arrive early as there will be limited stock.
Here are some more fun ideas for fancy dress:
- Practice face painting so you can rock it on the day!
- Get creative with eyeshadow
- Go crazy with hair colour
- Decorate your beard with paint
- Paint each of your nails a colour of the rainbow
- Try out a tie-dye clothing kit or bright shell suit!
- Print out and decorate the running bib download
- Find a white t-shirt and decorate it rainbow style
- Make your own rainbow tutu or flower garland
- Create a cardboard rainbow costume
- Make your own rainbow flag to carry
Post your pictures!
We want to see how much fun you have at Rainbow Run! Post your photos and videos into our Rainbow Run Cornwall Facebook Page.