- Rainbow Run 2021 - your way
- Make your Rainbow Run lots of fun
- Over the weekend
- Schools Challenge
Get rainbowed up and run, skip, jog, walk, skate or ride and help CHSW celebrate our 30th Anniversary
Join us virtually over the weekend of Saturday 19 to Sunday 20 June! Rainbow Run - your way will be even more special this year because we are celebrating our 30th Anniversary! To mark this milestone, we’re challenging you to join 'Team Rainbow' to raise £30,000 for each of our three hospices - can you help us achieve our goal?
Simply sign up for free and complete 5k or any distance of your choice, your way and help spread more rainbows by wearing the brightest colours possible. Whether you rock a tie-dye T-shirt, get crazy with hair colours or go fully fledged rainbow warrior with flashy face paint, we want you to get colourful and creative at home. Choose to complete it in one go, or shorter bursts over the two days to help raise vital funds to support families across the South West.
Over the weekend, there will be virtual warm-ups and competitions for you enjoy throughout the day!
Join the Facebook event so you don’t miss anything!
Registration is free!
...and when you raise a minimum suggested sponsorship target of £15 person, we’ll send you our commemorative 30th Anniversary medal, so please let us know if you’re taking part!
Please ensure you adhere to the government guidelines and announcements from Public Health England so that you, our wonderful fundraisers, stay safe.
Kindly sponsored by
Fundraising ideas and downloads
We are challenging you to join Team Rainbow and to help raise £30,000 for each of our three hospices Little Harbour, Little Bridge House and Charlton Farm to help CHSW celebrate our 30th anniversary.
Ideas to boost your sponsorship
- Ask for sponsorship per kilometre or for every 30 metres!
- Ask 30 friends to give you 30p a day for 30 days in a sweet’s tube!
- Sell 30 cakes to friends, family members or work colleagues
- Name the Teddy - make up 30 names and ask people to guess the name for a £1 donation
- If running is too easy, take on as a sponsored challenge; do it backwards, three-legged, giving someone a piggy-back ride or pushing someone in a wheelbarrow (member of your own household)
- Ask for sponsorship for the most 'retro' outfit in your household
- Perform a sponsored sing-along form the '90s during your route
- Complete the same route 30 times!
- How many rainbows can you find along your route? Ask for sponsorship per rainbow
- Invite 30 people to a virtual rainbow bingo
- Invite 30 people to a rainbow quiz
- Rainbow cake eating competition
- Virtual duck race with 30 ducks!
By raising just £15 per person, you will ensure local children and families like William's can continue to receive the vital care they need now and into the future.
We are supporting Children’s Hospice South West by taking part in the Rainbow Run because the memories they have helped us create with William are some of our greatest and will be with us forever.
- Beard/moustache growing competition
- Car washing at home
- Chocolate ban for day/week/month
- Dog walking for family
- Guess the number of sweets in a jar
- Hamper raffle
- Karaoke competition
- No TV/phone/technology for a day/week/month
- Odd jobs at home (such as window cleaning, ironing or gardening for family)
- Wax or shave unwanted hair
Children’s Hospice South West is celebrating 30 years in 2021, so this year, how 'retro' can you make your Rainbow Run?
- Practice face painting so you can rock it on the day!
- Get creative with glittery eyeshadow
- Go crazy with hair colours!
- Decorate your beard with paint
- Paint each of your nails a colour of the rainbow
- Try out a tie-dye clothing kit
- Print out and decorate the running bib download
- Find a white T-shirt and decorate it rainbow style
- Make your own tutu or flower garland
- Create a cardboard rainbow costume
- Make your own rainbow flag to carry
- Purchase Holi powder paint to create your own rainbow of colour
Complete your route your way
- Join in with our virtual warm-ups
- Complete the traditional Rainbow Run distance of 5k or choose your own distance, this could be 3k, 13k or 30k!
- Run 1k, skip 1k, hop 1k, walk 1k, dance 1k!
- Run for 30 minutes or find 30 ways to complete your chosen distance
- Create your own '90s playlist to listen to
- Decorate pebbles with rainbows and leave them in different spots during your run!
- Involve the dog and decorate their lead!
- Take a drawing of a rainbow with you to spread joy during your run
- Decorate your bike or scooter
- Look out for rainbows in windows along the way
- Link your Just Giving page with Strava and create a rainbow shape, the number 30 or CHSW
- Get friends and family to cheer you along your route!
- Create your own finish line
- Have an after party to celebrate completing your run and 30 years of CHSW!
It's not just a run but a weekend full of fun...
Once you have donned your fancy dress, we invite you to join our virtual warm-ups over the weekend to get ready for Rainbow Run your way! Over the weekend there will be a warm up at 9.30am each day with our resident warm up instructors via Zoom links provided in the Rainbow Run Facebook event. You will get to see other people who will be completing their Rainbow Run alongside you.
We have put together a Spotify playlist for you to enjoy over Rainbow Run weekend. Why not have it on while you are warming up, out on your Rainbow Run activity or when you are relaxing when you get back?
We want to see how much fun you can have creating your own Rainbow Run!
- Best rainbow fancy dress
- Most inventive way of completing your route
- Most creative fundraising idea
- Top of our Rainbow Run Just Giving leader board
- Most inventive/original way to make a rainbow part of the event
- Best 'retro' Rainbow Run
Post your pictures and videos on to the Rainbow Run Facebook event over the weekend and we will announce the winners on Monday 21 June!
Our winners will get free spaces into next year’s Rainbow Run events!
After Party and Entertainment
Celebrate completing your Rainbow Run and CHSW’s 30th Anniversary by holding an after party!
- Print off the CHSW bunting download and hang in your garden
- Make rainbow cakes
- Make or purchase your own rainbow powder paint for some extra colour
Could your school be a part of our Rainbow Run School’s Challenge?
During Children’s Hospice Week (Monday 21 to Friday 25 June), we are inviting your school to be a part of our new Rainbow Run School’s Challenge!
We are looking for schools across the region to help us achieve 30,000 kilometres to mark CHSW’s 30th Anniversary. You can choose the distance you complete - just let us know the number of pupils taking part and the distance you decide upon and we will add your total kilometres to our tracker!
Every school that takes part will be provided with a school’s kit including:
- Printable running bib
- Printable coin collection card
- Link to set up your school’s Just Giving page
- Playlist for a warm up, the run and an after party
- Good luck video
- Social media sharing graphic
- Printable thank you certificates for each pupil
- Three medals per class to use for your top fundraisers or winners
- £30 to invest in items you could sell on the day of your Rainbow Run to see how much you can raise in addition to sponsorship! (optional)
- Support from your local fundraiser
There will be a competition for the school that can most retro up their day!
To register your school simply email Kiley and she will be in contact!