Friends Group Member
Location: Your local area | Department: Fundraising | Vacancy Type: Voluntary | Start date: Immediate
We have over 90 amazing Friends Groups across the region, actively fundraising and increasing awareness of Children’s Hospice South West. It is through the dedication of our supporters that we can continue to care for our families and raise awareness of the work we do. Every member plays a huge part in supporting the charity and is proud to be part of the team.
Groups can be set up in a variety of ways. The different dynamics of Friends Groups means you have the flexibility to run the group in a way which suits you. Groups can be formal with specific roles such as a Chair, Secretary and Treasurer or informal with no specific roles, just one nominated person who coordinates the group. There might also be an opportunity for you to join a Friends Group that already exists in your local area.
Friends Groups arrange local fundraising events, organise public collections, maintain collection boxes and circulate posters and flyers for CHSW events.
Tasks may include:
- Helping to organise fundraising events
- Servicing collection tins
- Holding bucket collections
- Looking for fundraising opportunities in your local community
- Accepting donations
- Being an ambassador for CHSW in your local community
What we're looking for?
Individuals who enjoy meeting new people and are looking for an opportunity to get involved with organising fundraising events and supporting CHSW in your local community
You will need to be available to meet with your Friends group members on a regular basis, stay informed of the work of CHSW and represent the charity in your local community.
- Event management
- Cash handling
- Communication skills
- Networking and community engagement
- Knowledge of Children’s Hospice South West
- Supporting a worthwhile local charity
- Ability to attend a tour of Little Bridge House in Fremington and learn about CHSW.
- Previous volunteer experience in a public facing role would be beneficial.
- 6-8 hours per month. Although hours can be flexible to suit your own commitments
Training and a visit day will take place at Little Bridge House, Redlands Road, Fremington, EX31 2PZ
How to register
To register for this role please complete our online enquiry form.
Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. CHSW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share their commitment. All offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Charity Registration Number 1003314.