Community Fundraising Volunteer (Bodmin, Penzance, Truro and Newquay)
Location: Bodmin, Penzance, Truro and Newquay | Department: Fundraising | Vacancy Type: Voluntary | Start date: Immediate
Children’s Hospice South West are looking for people who are able to volunteer their time to represent CHSW in their local community. You will become an ambassador for CHSW and raise awareness of the essential work we do caring for local families.
Tasks may include:
- Attending local community events
- Attending cheque presentations and photo opportunities
- Servicing collection tins
- Accepting donations
- Being an ambassador for CHSW in your local community
What we're looking for?
No qualifications or experience needed but the following skills would be helpful:
- Good customer service
- Happy to be part of a team
- Able to lift small bags
- A helpful caring manner
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy with a flexible approach
- Respectful of others
Volunteers will need to have access to their own transport, although we will do our best to ensure that all volunteer commitments are within your local area.
Individuals who like meeting new people and have good communication skills.
- Communication skills
- Networking and community engagement
- Knowledge of Children’s Hospice South West
- Supporting a worthwhile local charity
- Ability to attend a tour of Little Harbour in St Austell and learn about CHSW.
- Previous volunteer experience in a public facing role would be beneficial.
4-5 hours per month. Although hours can be flexible to suit other commitments
Training and a visit day will take place at Little Harbour, Porthpean Road, Porthpean, Cornwall, PL26 6AZ
How to register
To register for this role please complete our online enquiry form.
Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. CHSW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share their commitment. All offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Charity Registration Number 1003314.