Sale of goods
Terms and conditions of supply of goods and returns policy
- Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW)
- Registered Charity No. 1003314 (England and Wales)
- Registered office: Little Bridge House, Redlands Road, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 2PZ
- VAT registration number: GB 320 6915 22
Online terms and conditions of supply
These terms and conditions set out on what basis we sell any of the products (“Products”) listed on this website (the “Website”) to you.
These terms and conditions will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (a “Contract”). Please ensure you read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any Product from the Website. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these terms and conditions.
Please tick the box marked “I Accept” on the checkout page if you accept them. If you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any products from the website.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these terms and conditions from time to time as set out in paragraph 6 below. Every time you wish to order products, please check these terms and conditions as the terms and conditions displayed as at the time of your order will apply to that order.
1. The products
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, images, descriptions and prices of the products are accurate and correct at the time of their entry and upload onto the website. We reserve the right to refuse orders where information has been uploaded to the website incorrectly, including prices and product descriptions.
All products displayed on the website are subject to availability. We will inform you by email as soon as possible if the product you have ordered is unavailable and we will not process your order if made.
3. Use of the website
Your use of the website including the online shop is governed by the website terms and conditions. Please take time to read these as they contain important terms which apply to you.
4. Personal information
5. The contract between you and CHSW
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order on the website for the products you wish to obtain by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the website. The submission of an order is your offer to buy the products. You will have the opportunity to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us.
- We will send to you a timed and dated acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. Please note this is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us.
- Unless we notify you that we cannot accept your order, our acceptance of your order to us will take place when we confirm to you the availability of the products and we have received payment in full from you. At this point a contract will be formed between us and we will be under a legal obligation to supply the products to you.
- Non-acceptance of an order may be as a result of one or more of the following:
- The products you ordered being either no longer available or not expected in stock for over 30 days. In this case please choose an alternative item or try again in a few weeks
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Your failure to meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in this contract.
If an order is not accepted you will be notified by email. If the products you have chosen are not available or not expected to be in stock for over 30 days, we will not substitute it with other products, but recommend instead that you choose an alternative or try again in a few weeks.
All prices on this website are in £ Sterling and may change at any time. All prices are shown inclusive of VAT at the current rate, where relevant. The price you will pay is the price shown at the time of your order, unless we inform you of a pricing error. In the case of a pricing error your contract will be cancelled and we will not process your order, but will endeavour to inform you as soon as we can. Offers or discounts may be withdrawn by us at any time.
We may revise these terms and conditions if there are any changes to how we may accept payment from you or any changes to relevant laws and regulatory requirements. The terms and conditions displayed on the website at the time of your order will be those which apply to the contract between you and us.
You can pay for products using a debit or credit card and we accept the following cards: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, or PayPal. Payment will only be taken from your card when we dispatch your order. This is how it should be but we may well take payment before we are ready to dispatch.
Donations you make will be paid directly to Children’s Hospice South West.
9. Jurisdiction and applicable law
These terms and conditions of supply shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We do not actively fundraise from under 18s and will aim to ensure that no under 18s are contacted with marketing material.
Return and deliveries policy
- If you are a consumer and are located within the EU, you have a legal right to cancel your contract during the period set out below. This means (subject to the exceptions below) that you may return the product to us and obtain a refund if for any reason you change your mind about purchasing the product.
- You may cancel the contract from the date you receive your order confirmation email but please note that your right to cancel the contract will cease 7 working days after you receive the products.
- Please note that this right of cancellation does not apply in the case of products which are:
- made-to-measure, personalised or custom-made;
- newspapers, periodicals or magazines;
- perishable goods, such as food, drink or fresh flowers; or
- software, DVDs or CDs which have a security seal which you have opened or unsealed.
- If you do wish to cancel and return your purchased products to us, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and name and the reason you would like to return the product, then return the item to us securely along with your delivery note, your order number and your name.
- Upon receipt of your cancellation email we will arrange a full refund for you including any delivery costs you paid for. This refund will be to the debit or credit card you used to pay for the products. We aim to process the refund as quickly as possible as and no later than within 30 days from the date you notified us of your wish to cancel.
- If you are returning the products to us because they were faulty or mis-described or because of some other error on our part we shall reimburse you for any postage costs you incur in returning the products to us. Please note, however, that if you are returning the products to us for any other reason the cost of returning them to us will not be reimbursed by us.
- If you cancel the contract after you have received the products, or receive them after you have cancelled the contract:
- you must return the products to us as soon as reasonable practicable; and
- you have a legal obligation to keep the products in your possession until you return them to us and you must take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession;
- Please be aware that you may have other legal rights in relation to your contract and the products and these are not affected by this returns policy. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Address for returns
Online Shop Returns: Children's Hospice South West, Little Bridge House, Redlands Road, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 2PZ
- Most orders are dispatched within five to seven working days. Once your order has been dispatched it takes 3-5 working days to be delivered to UK addresses.
- We will deliver the products by free Royal Mail 2nd class delivery is included in the cost of your purchase, unless otherwise stated.
- If there are any problems with your delivery then please email us at email@example.com.