- This Lottery is operated by Children’s Hospice South West (Registered Charity 1003314) and is registered with the Gambling Commission, Registration Number 000-004991-N-304756-012.
- All profits from the Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) Lottery directly supports Children’s Hospice South West.
- CHSW are committed to promoting responsible gambling, and ensuring our raffles and lottery encourage fair and open play.
- CHSW has the right to change or update these terms and conditions to reflect changes in legislation or at their discretion.
- The promoter's decisions made pursuant to the terms and conditions shall, once made, be binding.
Eligibility to play and children
Only persons over 18 years of age and resident in Great Britain may play the CHSW Lottery.
How to join and play
- This lottery is based upon a weekly, randomly selected draw and all tickets cost £1. Monthly subscriptions of £4.34 include 34p which accumulates and funds the 13th week, which occurs every three months.
- Tickets may be purchased on either a regular subscription basis or on a casual, one-off play basis.
- Players may purchase up to five ticket numbers for each draw.
- A draw takes place every Friday until further notice, with the first draw having taken place on 24 April 2006. Your ticket number will be entered into the weekly draw, provided that the £1 entry fee for each entry has been paid.
- All profits from the CHSW Lottery will go directly to CHSW.
- The promoter may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery.
There is a weekly jackpot of £1,000 plus a number of prizes of varying amounts. If you are our lucky winner, you will be notified in writing and we will send you a cheque for the amount of your prize with your letter by post. Weekly winning numbers are published on our website. The first half of the winner’s postcode will also be shown. View the weekly lottery results.
If you are a lucky winner and purchased your ticket in one of our shops, please contact our Lottery Helpline on 08456 888 911 where your ticket will be verified and a cheque arranged to be sent directly to you. Prizes must be claimed within three months of the winning draw date. All unclaimed prize money is donated directly back to the charity.
Each ticket is sold on the condition that you consent to your details being stored on our approved and secure lottery software, which is leased from and stored with Sterling Management Centre Ltd, and CHSW’s fundraising database.
This allows us to notify those who win each week, and also to send our regular CHSW newsletter and relevant correspondence as required.
It is the responsibility of each player to notify CHSW of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
To support those who notify us that they have a gambling problem, we operate a Self Exclusion Policy which means you will not receive any information about our raffles or lottery. Please complete our Self Exclusion Form and return your tickets stating in writing that you request that we do not send any more raffle or lottery information, or telephone our Lottery Team on 08456 888 911.
We will amend our records accordingly, usually within 48 hours of receiving your notification. This exclusion will remain in place for not less than six months and will only be removed with further communication from you.
If you would like support for yourself or someone close to you in respect of gambling problems, the following organisations can provide support and information:
www.gamcare.org.uk or telephone 0845 600 0133
All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our lottery complaints policy, a copy of which is available on request from our lottery team based at Little Bridge House or can be viewed online.
Children’s Hospice South West reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
You can call us on 08456 888 911
Our lottery hotline is open Tuesday to Friday from 9.00am - 4.30pm. At all other times please leave a message on our answerphone.
Alternatively, you can download an Application Form for the CHSW Lottery
To enter our Raise a Smile Lottery you must be aged 18 or over and live in England, Scotland or Wales. By entering your date of birth in the payment form below, you are certifying your age.