Raise a Smile Lottery
Terms and Conditions
- The CHSW Raise a Smile Weekly Lottery (“CHSW Lottery”) is based upon a weekly, randomly selected draw and all tickets cost £1. Tickets may be purchased on either a regular subscription basis or a one-off play basis. All lottery sales are final.
- New members will be sent a unique randomly selected draw number(s) created by tested and licensed secure software.
- All subscriptions received in advance will be entered into the weekly draw which normally takes place every Friday using the unique draw number. Monthly subscriptions of £4.34 include 34p which accumulates and funds the 13th week, which occurs every three months.
- Players may purchase up to five ticket numbers per weekly draw.
- A minimum of 70% of the proceeds of the CHSW Lottery go directly to Children’s Hospice South West (“CHSW”) and the care we provide.
- Only persons aged 18 years or over and resident in Great Britain are eligible to play the CHSW Lottery. No entries can be bought by or on behalf of a person under the age of 18. If an entry is sold to or bought on behalf of a person under the age of 18 they will be exempt from the lottery.
- CHSW may carry out any searches they feel appropriate in order to verify the age of the ticket holder, should there be any doubt.
- We reserve the right not to accept an application and, without giving any reason or notice, may decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery.
- Members can cancel at any time although any cancellations received after 5.00pm on a Thursday may not be actioned until after the weekly draw.
- Where a member cancels their membership with credit on their account, we will, where possible, offer the member a full refund entitlement upon request.
- Any pence credit which remains on a members’ account will, after a period of 10 weeks, be treated as a general donation to the hospice.
- CHSW cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
- It is the responsibility of each player to notify CHSW of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
- There are 14 weekly prizes of varying amounts. No prize alternatives or interest will be paid. Weekly winning numbers are published on our website. They are also available from the CHSW Lottery office, 08456 888 911.
- If you are a regular player and win a prize, you will be notified in writing and your winning cheque will be sent to you with a letter by post.
- If you purchased a one-off play ticket and are a winner, you will need to contact our Lottery Helpline on 08456 888 911 where your ticket and age will be verified and a cheque sent to you in the post (see Clause 7). Prizes must be claimed within three months of the winning draw date after which all unclaimed prize money is donated directly back to the charity.
- CHSW are committed to promoting responsible gambling, and ensuring our raffles and lottery encourage fair and open play. For practical help and support on problem gambling, contact the National Gambling helpline on 08088 020 133 or visit GamCare or BeGambleAware.
- To support those who notify us that they have a gambling problem, we operate a self-exclusion procedure. If you choose to be self-excluded, you will not receive any information about our raffles or lottery and will not be entered into any draw or raffle promoted by CHSW. A copy of the Self-exclusion Form is available on our website or from the CHSW Lottery office at Little Bridge House, 08456 888 911.
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our Lottery Complaints Policy, a copy of which is available on our website or from the CHSW Lottery office at Little Bridge House, 08456 888 911. In the event a dispute cannot be resolved then it can be referred to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS), contact details are 020 7347 5883.
- The CHSW Lottery is regulated under the Gambling Act 2005 and licensed by the Gambling Commission, Operating Licence Number 000-004991-N-304756-013 and Ancillary Remote Licence Number 000-004991-A-315666-005. It is also a member of the Lotteries Council and the Hospice Lotteries Association, both of whom make a financial contribution on behalf of their members towards BeGambleAware, an organisation with the sole aim of fundraising to assist with problem gambling.
- The CHSW Lottery is promoted by Children’s Hospice South West (Registered Charity No 1003314), Little Bridge House, Redlands Road, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon EX31 2PZ, 08456 888 91, email@example.com. The responsible person for the CHSW Lottery is Simon Bird.
- CHSW has the right to change or update these terms and conditions to reflect changes in legislation or at their discretion.
- The Promoter's decisions made pursuant to the terms and conditions shall, once made, be binding.
- The CHSW Lottery terms and conditions on our website supersede all previous versions, including terms and conditions contained within printed materials; the website terms and conditions should therefore be checked regularly.
These terms and conditions were last updated on the 11 October 2018.
You can call us on 08456 888 911, our lottery hotline is open from Tuesday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm. At all other times please leave a message on our answerphone or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org