Lottery terms and conditions
- The Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) Lottery is regulated under the Gambling Act 2005 and licensed by the Gambling Commission, www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk Operating Licence Number 000-004991-N-304756-013 and Ancillary Remote Licence Number 000-004991-A-315666-005.
- The Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) Lottery is also a member of the Lotteries Council and the Hospice Lotteries Association.
- The CHSW Lottery is promoted by Children’s Hospice South West (Registered Charity No 1003314), Little Bridge House, Redlands Road, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon EX31 2PZ, 08456 888 911, email@example.com. The responsible person for the Lottery is Simon Bird.
- All profits from the CHSW Lottery directly supports Children’s Hospice South West.
- CHSW has the right to change or update these terms and conditions to reflect changes in legislation or at their discretion.
- The promoter's decisions made pursuant to the terms and conditions shall, once made, be binding.
- CHSW cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
- It is the responsibility of each player to notify CHSW of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
Eligibility to play
Only persons over 18 years of age and resident in Great Britain are eligible to play the CHSW Lottery.
How to join and play
- This lottery is based upon a weekly, randomly selected draw and all tickets cost £1. Monthly subscriptions of £4.34 include 34p which accumulates and funds the 13th week, which occurs every three months.
- Tickets may be purchased on either a regular subscription basis or on a casual, one-off play basis.
- Players may purchase up to five ticket numbers per weekly draw.
- A draw takes place every Friday until further notice, with the first draw having taken place on 24 April 2006. Your ticket number will be entered into the weekly draw, provided that the £1 entry fee for each entry has been paid.
- All profits from the CHSW Lottery will go directly to CHSW.
- The promoter may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery.
There is a weekly jackpot of £1,000 plus a number of prizes of varying amounts. Weekly winning numbers are published on our website. The first half of the winner’s postcode will also be shown. View the weekly lottery results.
If you are a regular player and a lucky winner, you will be notified in writing and we will send you a cheque for the amount of your prize with a letter by post.
If you purchased a single/shop ticket and are a lucky winner, please contact our Lottery Helpline on 08456 888 911 where your ticket will be verified and a cheque arranged to be sent to you. Prizes must be claimed within three months of the winning draw date. All unclaimed prize money is donated directly back to the charity.
No prize alternatives or interest paid.
Responsible gambling and self exclusion
CHSW are committed to promoting responsible gambling, and ensuring our raffles and lottery encourage fair and open play. For help and support on problem gambling, contact the National Gambling helpline on 08088 020 133 or visit www.gamcare.org.uk or www.begambleaware.org
To support those who notify us that they have a gambling problem, we operate a self exclusion procedure. This means you will not receive any information about our raffles or lottery and will not be entered into any draw or raffle promoted by CHSW. Please complete our Self Exclusion Form or telephone our Lottery Team on 08456 888 911.
We will amend our records accordingly, usually within 48 hours of receiving your notification. This exclusion will remain in place for not less than six months and will only be removed when notified.
All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our Lottery Complaints Policy, a copy of which is available from the CHSW Lottery office based at Little Bridge House. In the event a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to arbitration. As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
You can call us on 08456 888 911, our lottery hotline is open from Tuesday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm. At all other times please leave a message on our answerphone or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org