- Virtual Santas on the Run
- How to fundraise
- Over the weekend
- Festive freestyle ideas
- In person events
Take part in Santas on the Run Goes Freestyle virtually!
The most tree-mendous virtual 2k is back for 2021, and it’s not all about Santa… it’s freestyle and free!
If you're unable to join us at one of our Santa venues, this is how you can still part take part virtually! It’s time to go crackers with your festive fundraising... and your costumes!
- When – anytime 3 - 5 December
- Where – wherever you choose!
- How – run, jog, skip or walk in the costume of your choice
- Why - for local children living with a life-limiting condition this Christmas
So, dig out the tinsel, find your furry antlers, recycle your Santa suit and spread festive cheer in your Christmas gear. Complete your chosen sponsored route in your festive finery and if you raise £15 or over, we'll send you our special 30th Anniversary medal, so make sure you register so we know you're taking part!
Join the Santas Facebook group so you don’t miss anything about the weekend, virtually join one of our warm ups live from one of the venues and add your photos to enter our 'best photo competition'. Registration is free and we'll send you all you need... so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!
Kindly sponsored by
Festive fundraising for our families!
Fundraising with Santas on the Run Goes Freestyle is a festive way you and your family can raise vital funds to ensure that local children and families can continue to receive the care they need this Christmas and into the future.
To mark our 30th Anniversary we are challenging participants of Santas on the Run Goes Freestyle to raise £30,000 – here's how you can help!
We're asking participants to raise a suggested sponsorship of just £15 and when you do we'll send you a 30th anniversary medal!
Your fundraising pack with your running bib and everything you need will be sent to you in the post in November, but you can kick start your fundraising early by:
- Setting up an online giving page and sharing with friends and family on social media
- Collect coins on our coin collection card
- Collect sponsorship in our gingerbread house
- Print off a sponsorship form and ask friends and family to pledge sponsorship
- Set up Visufund page and ask work colleagues to donate in lieu of a Christmas card
- Join our Facebook group for festive fundraising ideas
Hold your own virtual event to raise sponsorship
- Virtual festive bingo - email Kiley for information on how to organise one!
- Virtual Christmas quiz – we can send you our template!
- Christmas cookies and cake sale
- Decorate your house in external Christmas lights and ask for donations! Your supporters can simply donate on your online giving page.
- Organise a festive hamper raffle
- Ask your child’s school to do a festive dress down day and bring in a donation.
Your fundraising makes a real difference to the 550 families we're supporting this Christmas – every penny counts so no coin is too small.
Over the weekend
Just because we can't be with you, we still want to see you, so join our Santas on the Run Goes Freestyle Facebook group now so you don't miss a thing over the weekend:
Get limbered up before you start with one of our pre-recorded warm ups or join us live from one of our venues to warm up with us on Sunday 5 December.
Share your photos and videos from your own virtual Santa run or walk - we'll be voting for the best photos from the weekend! Winners will be announced the following week.
There will be messages from Santa over the weekend and when you return there will be a story for each of you to settle down with your hot chocolate and cookie! Our resident elf has pre-recorded a story for each area in the South West - simply click on the link for the area you live to listen!
Festive fancy dress
- Get creative with face paints
- Sleigh it like Santa - dress up in red and decorate a beard
- Rock it like Rudolph - make reindeer ears with baubles
- Twinkle like Tinsel - decorate yourself with baubles and lights
- Decorate a white t-shirt with festive pictures!
- Make a Christmas flag to carry
- Decorate your running bib and tell everyone why you're running!
- Share photos in the Facebook group to win our competition
Complete the run your way
- Let your neighbours know so they clap and cheer!
- Join our virtual warm-ups throughout the day live from our event villages or watch our pre-recorded festive warm ups at any time
- Run, skip, hop, walk, dance, ride, skate...
- Make a Christmas playlist to listen to
- Decorate pebbles with Christmas good will messages and leave them along your route
- Involve the dog and decorate his collar or lead!
- Decorate your bike or scooter
- Look out for Santa’s in windows along the way
- Link your Just Giving page with Strava
- Create your own finish line
In person events
RHS Rosemoor, Torrington
The Eden Project, St Austell
- Santas on the Run The Eden Project at 10.30am
- Santas on the Run The Eden Project at 1.00pm
- Santas on the Run The Eden Project at 3.30pm