Santas on the Run Goes Freestyle is back!
The most festive 2k is back at RHS Rosemoor but this year it is not all about Santa!
Santas on the Run is back for 2021 at RHS Rosemoor but not as you know it… it's going freestyle!
After another challenging year, we want to spread festive cheer in our Christmas gear and bring smiles to children and families across the South West.
- When – Sunday 5 December at 1.00pm (a further time slot is available for this event)
- Where – RHS Rosemoor
- How – run, jog, skip or walk the festive 2k route dressed in your festive costume of choice
- Why - for local children living with a life-limiting condition this Christmas
We want to reduce the impact of single use Santa suits on the environment, so instead of providing these on the day, this year we are asking you to get creative with your costume, spreading festive cheer in your Christmas gear! So will you twinkle in tinsel, ‘sleigh' it as Santa, rock it like Rudolph or sock it like a snowman?
Along the 2k route there will be surprise stations to keep the whole family entertained and as you cross the finish line all participants will receive our special 30th Anniversary medal and festive treat.
And after all that excitement you will have the opportunity to make more memories with your family as your registration fee also includes free entry for you and anyone who participates with you!
By joining the Santa Facebook group you can keep up to date with information about the day and ideas on how you can fundraise, helping us raise £30,000 to mark our 30th Anniversary!
So what are you waiting for….we've got just 250 spaces for each wave so sign up today!
Kindly sponsored by
Festive fundraising for local families!
Fundraising with Santas on the Run Goes Freestyle is a festive way you and your family can raise vital funds to ensure that local children and families can continue to receive the care they need this Christmas and into the future.
To mark our 30th Anniversary we are challenging participants at The Eden Project to raise £30,000 – here's how you can help!
We're asking participants to raise a suggested sponsorship of just £15 and bring proof of this with you on the day in exchange for a festive treat!
Your fundraising pack with your runner number and everything you need will be sent to you in the post in November, but you can kick start your fundraising early by:
- Setting up an online giving page and sharing with friends and family on social media
- Collect coins on our coin collection card
- Collect sponsorship in our gingerbread house
- Print off a sponsorship form and ask friends and family to pledge sponsorship
- Set up Visufund page and ask work colleagues to donate in lieu of a Christmas card
- Join our Facebook group for festive fundraising ideas
Hold your own virtual event to raise sponsorship
- Virtual festive bingo - email Kiley for information on how to organise one!
- Virtual Christmas quiz – we can send you our template!
- Christmas cookies and cake sale
- Decorate your house in external Christmas lights and ask for donations! Your supporters can simply donate on your online giving page.
- Organise a festive hamper raffle
- Ask your child’s school to do a festive dress down day and bring in a donation.
Your fundraising makes a real difference to the 550 families we're supporting this Christmas – every penny counts so no coin is too small.
RHS Garden Rosemoor, Torrington, Devon, EX38 8PH
We're so excited to be welcoming you back to RHS Rosemoor this year for Santas on the Run Goes Freestyle and a truly memorable way to kick start December with your friends and family.
Timings for the 1.00pm wave
10.00am-11:30pm: Arrive early at Rosemoor to gain free entry and enjoy the festive activities. Why not book to see the CHSW Santa or visit our Santas reindeer or just enjoy Rosemoor’s Craft Fair, beautiful gardens or play areas to make it a full festive day out to remember!
11:30am – 12:30pm: Registration in The Learning Centre, Covid pass check, hand in your sponsorship, coin collection cards and gingerbread houses and take a chance to look around our Christmas themed stalls.
12:20pm: Best festive costume competitions and entertainment
12.40pm: Festive warm-up
1.00pm: Santas on the Run Goes Freestyle – Wave 2 begins
1.00pm- 1.30pm-ish: Complete the 2k circular route as fast or slow as you wish enjoying the Snow, Santa, Song and sweets station as you go along! As you cross the finish line you will collect your medal and festive treat.
1.30pm onwards: Enjoy the rest of the festive activities at Rosemoor.
When you get home
- Add your photos from the day to the Facebook group so we can judge the best photos captured from our Santas on the Run weekend.
- Watch our special pre-recorded story “Santa is coming to Devon”
Festive fancy dress ideas
This year we are not supplying Santa suits as a part of your registration fee and have therefore reduced the entry fee to reflect this. This is to reduce the impact of single use Santa suits on the environment and also give you the opportunity to choose whether you want to be a Santa, reindeer, Snowman, Christmas tree or just creative with any other festive attire.
We can not wait to see what festive fancy dress you decide to take part in so here are some ideas below to get you thinking:
- Get creative with Christmas face paints
- Sleigh it like Santa – dress up in red and decorate your Santa beard
- Rock it like Rudolph- make reindeer ears with baubles!
- Twinkle like tinsel – create your outfit with Christmas decorations and lights!
- Sock it like a snowman
- Find a white t-shirt and decorate it with festive pictures!
- Make your own Christmas flag to carry
What are your Covid-19 entry requirements?
As a hospice care provider and working with the most vulnerable children and families (some of whom may be taking part) we will be putting in place extra measures across our events to reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19.
Following Government guidance and local city council requirements, we'll be asking all participants and staff members over the aged of 16 to bring with them proof of their NHS Covid Pass or NHS App which will be checked upon entry to the event village at each Santa venue.
You must be able to provide one of the following:
- Proof of negative lateral flow test taken 24 hours before arriving on site or attending the event
- Proof of double vaccinations or single dose of Janssen vaccine
- Negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow test within the past 24 hours
- Positive PCR test within the past 180 days showing natural immunity following a COVID infection
We hope you understand why we would like to keep everyone including the families that we care for, our wonderful volunteers and yourselves safe. We will be keeping this under review alongside any changes in government guidance.
Everyone is being encouraged to take rapid Covid-19 tests at home twice a week to help stop the virus from spreading. This includes people who have had their vaccinations. This is not compulsory, but we're hoping that in order to protect everyone at the event, you will recognise the benefits of getting involved in testing to reduce the spread of the virus.