Registration is closed and entries are not being accepted on the day
It’s time to go crackers with your festive fundraising... and your costumes!
- When – Sunday 5 December at 11.30am
- Where – RHS Rosemoor
- How – run, jog, skip or walk in the costume of your choice
- Why - for local children living with a life-limiting condition this Christmas
To reduce the impact on the environment of single use Santa suits’, this year we’re asking you to create your own costume. So, dig out the tinsel, find your furry antlers, recycle your Santa suit and spread festive cheer in your Christmas gear. There will be surprise stations along the route to keep the whole family entertained and our special 30th Anniversary medal and festive treat for you at the finish! Your registration fee also includes free entry to RHS Rosemoor for the day for you and anyone who participates with you.
Kindly sponsored by
Festive fundraising for local families!
Fundraising with Santas on the Run Goes Freestyle is a festive way you and your family can raise vital funds to ensure that local children and families can continue to receive the care they need this Christmas and into the future.
To mark our 30th Anniversary we are challenging participants at RHS Rosemoor to raise £30,000 – here's how you can help!
We're asking participants to raise a suggested sponsorship of just £15 and bring proof of this with you on the day in exchange for a festive treat!
Your fundraising pack with your runner number and everything you need will be sent to you in the post in November, but you can kick start your fundraising early by:
- Setting up an online giving page and sharing with friends and family on social media
- Collect coins on our coin collection card
- Collect sponsorship in our gingerbread house
- Print off a sponsorship form and ask friends and family to pledge sponsorship
- Set up Visufund page and ask work colleagues to donate in lieu of a Christmas card
- Join our Facebook group for festive fundraising ideas
Hold your own virtual event to raise sponsorship
- Virtual festive bingo - email Kiley for information on how to organise one!
- Virtual Christmas quiz – we can send you our template!
- Christmas cookies and cake sale
- Decorate your house in external Christmas lights and ask for donations! Your supporters can simply donate on your online giving page.
- Organise a festive hamper raffle
- Ask your child’s school to do a festive dress down day and bring in a donation.
Your fundraising makes a real difference to the 550 families we're supporting this Christmas – every penny counts so no coin is too small.
RHS Garden Rosemoor, Torrington, Devon, EX38 8PH
We're so excited to be welcoming you back to RHS Rosemoor this year for Santas on the Run Goes Freestyle and a truly memorable way to kick start December with your friends and family.
- 10.00am- 11.00am: Registration in The Education Centre, Covid pass check, hand in your sponsorship, coin collection cards and gingerbread houses and take a chance to look enjoy the festive atmosphere.
- 10.50am: Best festive costume competitions and entertainment
- 11.10am: Festive warm-up
- 11.30am- 12.00pm-ish: Complete the 2k circular route as fast or slow as you wish enjoying the Snow, Music, Elfie Selfie and Treats and Nibbles station as you go along! As you cross the finish line you will collect your medal and festive treat.
- 12.00pm onwards: Enjoy the rest of the festive activities at Rosemoor. Why not book to see the CHSW Santa or visit our Santas reindeer or just enjoy Rosemoor’s Craft Fair, beautiful gardens or play areas to make it a full festive day out to remember!
When you get home
- Add your photos from the day to the Facebook group so we can judge the best photos captured from our Santas on the run weekend.
- Watch our special pre-recorded story “Santa is coming to Devon”
Festive fancy dress ideas
This year we are not supplying Santa suits as a part of your registration fee and have therefore reduced the entry fee to reflect this. This is to reduce the impact of single use Santa suits on the environment and also give you the opportunity to choose whether you want to be a Santa, reindeer, Snowman, Christmas tree or just creative with any other festive attire.
We can not wait to see what festive fancy dress you decide to take part in so here are some ideas below to get you thinking:
- Get creative with Christmas face paints
- Sleigh it like Santa – dress up in red and decorate your Santa beard
- Rock it like Rudolph- make reindeer ears with baubles!
- Twinkle like tinsel – create your outfit with Christmas decorations and lights!
- Sock it like a snowman
- Find a white t-shirt and decorate it with festive pictures!
- Make your own Christmas flag to carry
What are your Covid-19 entry requirements?
As a hospice care provider and working with the most vulnerable children and families (some of whom may be taking part) we will be putting in place extra measures across our events to reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19.
Following Government guidance we'll be asking participants and staff members over the age of 16 to bring with them proof of their NHS Covid Pass or NHS App which will be checked upon entry to the event village at each Santa venue. We are asking ALL participants to kindly lateral flow within 24 hours of the event even if double vaccinated to reduce the risk of transmission.
You must be able to provide one of the following:
- Proof of negative lateral flow test taken 24 hours before arriving on site or attending the event
- Proof of double vaccinations or single dose of Janssen vaccine
- Negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow test within the past 24 hours
- Positive PCR test within the past 90 days showing natural immunity following a COVID infection
In line with recent updates to government guidance, we would strongly encourage everyone to wear face masks during all activities that take place inside at our Santa’s event. Please bring a mask with you on the day.
Whilst inside spaces will be well ventilated and social distancing measure will be in place, the wearing of face masks will help ensure that our event is safe and enjoyable for everyone.
As a charity working to support vulnerable children and families across the South West keeping everyone safe and healthy is our number one priority.
Thank you for supporting us and helping everyone to stay safe.