Santas on the Run is back and registration is free!
We are delighted to announce that Santas on the Run is back for 2020 but not as you know it… it's going freestyle!
After a challenging year, we want to spread festive cheer in our Christmas gear and bring smiles to children and families across the South West.
Whether you twinkle in tinsel, ‘sleigh' it as Santa or rock it like Rudolph, get creative with your costume spreading festive cheer in your Christmas gear!
- When - choose any time over the weekend of Friday 11 to Sunday 13 December.
- Where - choose a route, location and distance.
- How - skip, run, walk ride, hop, skate or sledge. The choices are endless!
- Why - for local children living with a life-limiting condition this Christmas.
Registration is free!
As a special gift to you this Christmas, this year, you and your family can register for Free! If you raise a minimum suggested sponsorship of £15 per person, we will then send you a commemorative medal so to ensure that we know you are taking part, register you and your family.
With many of our events being cancelled this year, we really hope you join us virtually, helping to raise funds to ensure local children and families can continue to receive the vital care they need now and into the future.
Please ensure you adhere to the Governments Guidelines and announcements from Public Health England so that you, our wonderful fundraisers, stay safe.
Kindly supported by
Whirlwind Sports is a family oriented lifestyle business, our primary aim is to assist One and All with their chosen activity to help them achieve their wellbeing goals.
Latest event news
Fundraising ideas and downloads
Last year’s Santa runs across the region, raised an amazing £80k. With many of our events being cancelled this year, we really hope you'll join us virtually, helping to raise vital funds to ensure that local children and families can continue to receive the care they need now and into the future. When you raise a minimum suggested sponsorship target of £15 per person we'll send you a commemorative Santas on the Run goes freestyle medal.
Set up an online giving page and share with friends and family on social media.
Santas on the Run goes freestyle fundraising ideas
- Ask for sponsorship per kilometre you complete
- Take on your 5k as a sponsored challenge; do it backwards, three-legged, giving someone a piggy-back ride or pushing someone in a wheelbarrow (member of your own household)
- Ask for sponsorship for the most festive outfit in your household
- Perform a sponsored carol sing-along during your route
- Collect coins on our downloadable coin collection card
- How many Santas or Rudolphs can you find along your route? Ask for sponsorship for everyone you spot!
Hold your own virtual event to raise sponsorship
- Virtual festive bingo - email Kiley for information on how to organise one!
- Virtual Christmas quiz – we can send you our template!
- Christmas cookies and cake sale
- Decorate your house in external Christmas lights and ask for donations! Your supporters can simply donate on your online giving page.
- Festive Hamper Raffle
- Ask your child’s school to do a festive dress down day and bring in a donation.
Festive freestyle ideas
Festive fancy dress
- Get creative with Christmas face paints
- Sleigh it like Santa – dress up in red and decorate your Santa beard
- Rock it like Rudolph- make reindeer ears with baubles!
- Twinkle like Tinsel – create your outfit with Christmas decorations and lights!
- Find a white t-shirt and decorate it with festive pictures!
- Make your own Christmas flag to carry
- Print out and decorate the running bib and tell everyone why you are running!
- Share your photos and creative costumes with us to win our competitions
Complete the run your way
- Let your neighbours know so they clap and cheer!
- Join in with our virtual warm-ups at 9.30am or watch our pre-recorded festive warm ups at any time
- Run 1k, skip 1k, hop 1k, walk 1k, dance 1k, cycle 1k
- Make a Christmas playlist to listen to while completing your run
- Decorate pebbles with Christmas good will messages and leave them in different spots during your run
- Involve the dog and decorate his lead!
- Decorate your bike or scooter
- Look out for Santa’s in windows along the way
- Link your Just Giving page with Strava
- Create your own finish line
Over the weekend
Just because we can't be with you, we still want to see you!
Get limbered up ready for your route with one of our pre-recorded warm ups!
We can't wait to see your costumes and how you go freestyle. We've got competitions for:
- Best festive dressed child
- Best festive dressed adult
- Best festive dressed group or family
- Best festive dressed dog!
- Top of our festive fundraising leaderboard
- Best festive fundraising idea
- Best way Christmas was incorporated into your route.
Make sure you add your photos into the event page by 10.00pm on Sunday evening and we will announce the winners on Monday 14 December!
When you get back!
Not only will there be messages from Santa over the weekend, when you return there will be a story for each of you to settle down with your hot chocolate and cookie to listen to. Our resident elf has pre-recorded a story for each area in the South West. You can choose the story from Cornwall, Devon, Plymouth, Bristol, Bath or Somerset - simply click on the link for the area you live to listen!
Why not complete your weekend with a virtual Zoom call with Santa!
Santa Claus and his Elves have been working hard and have found a way to still bring the festive cheer to you from the comfort and safety of your own home!
Thanks to modern technology your kids can now have their own personal LIVE Zoom call with St. Nick!
Find out more
Are you fundraising with your work colleagues?
There are lots of ways to get involved with Santa’s on the run freestyle and Friday 11 December we'd like you and your work colleagues to get involved with us and share it on your social media!
Whether you're all working from the office or still working from home, there are lots of ideas on how to get involved….
Facebook donate button
Add a donate button to your social media pages for the day and ask for your customers to make a donation - the more you collect the more pictures of the team will be added for them to see
Set up a Visufund or Just Giving page in lieu of present or cards….
Festive freestyle Fashion Friday!
On Friday 11 December ask them to come in dressed in their worst Christmas jumper, sleighing it like Santa, twinkling in tinsel, rocking it like Rudolph or even an elf! Ask them to bring in a donation!
Run, skip, hop or even cycle…..
Spend the lunchtime getting your work from home colleagues to complete the distance they would have had to travel into work and all dressed up in their festive attire! Download our pre-recorded warm up to get you all limbered up!
Lunchtime Christmas Quiz or Bingo
Run a virtual quiz or Christmas bingo over Zoom or in the office during your lunch hour. Please email Kiley if you'd like to be sent a template or make up your own version!
Virtual Zoom Challenge
If running isn’t what your team like to do, freestyle it with a mince pie eating competition over Zoom, best decorated cake competition or any other crazy challenge that you could compete against your work colleagues through a computer screen!
Get the office crafting!
Get each member of staff to make home made gifts and bring them into to be sold to customers or other colleagues.
Some people love to wrap Christmas presents whilst others really dislike it. Wrap your colleagues Christmas presents for them during your lunch hour and ask them to make a donation.
Virtual Christmas party
Christmas parties in the old sense of the word may not be able to go ahead this year but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a virtual Christmas get together so hold you own version on our Santa’s on the Run goes freestyle weekend. Create your own virtual Christmas party by dressing up and joining together over Zoom. Make a donation for what you would have saved on spending on your night out!