Unfortunately, there are some items we can’t accept due to health and safety, and legal reasons.
Household and furniture
- All upholstered furniture, including mattresses, must comply with fire safety regulations, shown by a tag on the item.
- Mattresses must have a blue framed label which refers to BS7177 sewn into the end wall.
- Any glass larger than 21cm x 30cm (the size of an A4 piece of paper) must be toughened or laminated. This is usually indicated by a BS kite mark or reference number.
- We can only accept freestanding units up to 3 feet wide and 6 feet high.
Children's furniture and equipment
- We cannot accept stair gates or car seats.
If you’re still unsure, please contact your local shop directly and they will be able to help.