Our supporter promise
We are committed to the highest standards of fundraising practice.
We are proud to be working with the Fundraising Regulator, the independent regulator of charitable fundraising, to champion the principles of honesty, accountability and transparency. Part of our commitment to ensuring all our fundraising activity is open, legal and fair is the Fundraising Promise that we have made. You can find out more below.
Codes of Fundraising Practice
By registering with the Fundraising Regulator, charities and fundraising organisations commit to the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Fundraising Practice – the standards set for fundraisers in the UK. Each Code covers a different fundraising technique.
The Fundraising Promise
Children's Hospice South West is committed to abide by and embody the principles of the Fundraising Promise. This is based on the five key pledges below which centre on the core values of respect, honesty, accountability and transparency:
- We will commit to high standards
- We will be clear, honest and open
- We will be respectful
- We will be fair and reasonable
- We will be accountable and responsible
Find out more at The Fundraising Regulator
Requests to restrict funding
We are so grateful for the generous donations and support that we receive to fund our work with children and families.
Sometimes, we know that people like to restrict their giving to a specific purpose, hospice site or area of our work.
To ensure that your kindness has the biggest impact the following sets out how we will treat requests to restrict a donation
- If you would like to restrict your gift to work at a specific hospice base (Little Harbour, Charlton Farm or Little Bridge House) we will always honour that restriction regardless of the value of your gift.
- If your donation is over £1,000 and you would like to restrict this to a specific purpose, we will honour that restriction and your donation will be held in a ‘restricted fund’ until spent for that purpose
- If your donation is under £1,000 and you would like to restrict this to a specific purpose, we ask that you trust us to put your kindness to the best use where it will have the biggest impact on the lives of children and families that look to CHSW for care and support. In this instance, your gift will not be held in a ‘restricted fund’ but will instead, go directly to fund care and nursing services.
Thank you for your support in making the most of short and precious lives across the South West.