Our purpose and vision
We strive to provide first-class care to our families and children. Watch our video to find out more about what we do and what first-class care means.
Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) exists to make the most of short and precious lives and puts children and families at the centre of all it does. Our vision is to be fit for the future by continuing to:
- Strive to provide the highest level of care, clinical expertise and enrichment opportunities for children who are expected to die in childhood.
- Continue to provide holistic care that meets the needs of all family members.
- Maximise our services to as many families as possible in ways they want and in partnership with others.
- Promoting the needs of children with life-limiting conditions both regionally and nationally.
- Share our expertise widely through the provision of education.
Our ethos is to ensure that everyone (Trustees, all staff and volunteers) place children and families at the centre of the organisation.
In order to achieve this, everyone will be expected to promote a strong, caring community environment characterised by a culture of sensitivity, trust, consideration and respect for others.
Our promise to you
Our promise is to make the most of short and precious lives across the South West. That will always be our priority and we are committed to the highest standards of fundraising practice. Read our promise
Facts and figures
See key statistics about our services. Find out more
Read our charity accounts to see how the money you raise impacts our families at Children's Hospice South West. Read more
Eddie Farwell, CEO and co-founder of Children's Hospice South West, reflects on his own experience with hospice care and how the charity organisation first began... Read more