Participant safety brief
Please ensure you read this carefully:
- The coloured powder paint is 100% safe and non- toxic. It is biodegradable and will not affect the environment. The paint should not cause harm to participants however we recommend that you do not enter if you have a respiratory, skin or medical condition that could be affected. If you are unsure, please consult your doctor before taking part.
- Your running number must be worn at all times, please secure it with safety pins to your white t-shirt and please fill in your medical details on the back before you run If you have concerns about breathing in the colour, we recommend that you bring a face mask or a bandana to wear.
- Please listen carefully to any information or instructions that marshals give – they are also there to contact first aid support if you need help.
- We recommend that you consider wearing sunglasses/goggles to protect your eyes from the colour. If any colour does get in your eyes, wash it out immediately at the eye wash stations positioned around the course. Please do not throw colour in to other people’s faces.
- If you have concerns about getting the colour in your hair, we recommend that you wear a hat as you run. The colour does wash out and will not permanently colour your hair.
- Please wear clothes that you do not mind getting stained. CHSW cannot accept any responsibility for stained clothes or personal belongings. If you want to be showered in less paint we recommend running in the inside lane where less of the paint thrown by our Rainbow throwers will reach you.
- Cleaning stations are provided after the run, where you can brush off the majority of the powder – please use this facility to avoid getting the coloured powder inside your car or public transport on your journey home! If you are driving to the venue, we recommend that you bring towels to cover your car seat.
- If it has been raining, please slow down in the Rainbow stations to avoid slipping on paint. Please stay aware of any other slip and trip hazards to avoid injury e.g. kerbs, drain and potholes.
- Please wear a well-fitting pair of trainers (that you don’t mind getting paint on).
- If any runner is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs they will not be allowed to take part.