For children who are yet to be born, but have been diagnosed with a life-limiting or life-threatening condition in utero.
- The family unit live in South West England
- Babies who have been diagnosed with conditions where they may not survive birth or may die shortly after birth
- Have received an antenatal diagnosis of a life-limiting or life-threatening condition requiring palliative care support
- More information is available directly from CHSW or from the Together for Short Lives website.
Children’s Hospice South West can help support families and teams around the family of babies who have been diagnosed with conditions where they may not survive birth or may die shortly after birth. The support offered by the hospice will be individualised to the circumstances but could include the opportunity to meet the hospice team and visit the hospice during pregnancy, support with antenatal advance care planning and/or symptom planning, in-reach support to the hospital, community support, hospice transfer if appropriate for end of life care, as well as subsequent bereavement care.
- Parents, with support from their antenatal team, to complete Antenatal Consent Form (download below)
- Referrer to complete Antenatal Referral Form
- Send completed forms by email to Care Team
- If the referral is thought to be urgent and birth is imminent please also telephone the relevant hospice. This would ordinarily be the hospice closest to the child's home address, Little Bridge House in Devon 01271 321 999, Charlton Farm in North Somerset 01275 866 611, Little Harbour in Cornwall 01726 655 55.