Our commitment to our volunteers
Without volunteers like you much of our work would not be possible and in recognition of this invaluable contribution we make the following commitment to you as our volunteer:
- We will ensure that all volunteers are provided with proper induction, training and support that enables them to contribute to the work of CHSW.
- We will not replace paid staff with volunteers.
- We will address any concerns or conflicts quickly and with sensitivity.
- We will recognise the contributions that all volunteers make to the charity.
- We are an equal opportunities organisation and promote a culture of respect, dignity, equality and diversity.
- We recognise that volunteers require satisfying roles and will strive whenever possible, to provide meaningful tasks and duties for them.
Our expectations of you as a volunteer
We appreciate you volunteering with us and recognise that volunteering is an altruistic gift where there is no intention from either party to enter into a legally binding contract. Our volunteers play a pivotal part in promoting the charity’s mission and in return for our commitment, we expect our volunteers to:
- Help CHSW fulfil its aims and achievements.
- Perform volunteering roles to the best of their abilities.
- Work harmoniously with other CHSW volunteers and staff.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Uphold the values and behaviours of the organisation acting as an ambassador for CHSW at all times.
How do I get involved?
It's quick and easy to join our team of wonderful volunteers. Simply call your local hospice or search for your perfect role, complete our online enquiry form and a member of the team will contact you.