Become a school ambassador
Do you have students who could help raise the profile of CHSW whilst developing their personal and professional skills?
We are looking for a unique group of students to create a small group of knowledgeable young ambassadors who will help to inform others of the work of CHSW through delivering talks and tours of the hospice.
What are we looking for
- Young people aged 16 - 20 years currently in College/Sixth form who are looking for a career working with children and families in health or social care.
- Have five GCSE's, grades A - C.
- Have good listening skills.
- Students must be able to access the Barnstaple area.
How will we train, mentor and support the Ambassadors?
- A detailed tour of Little Bridge House, explaining the importance of CHSW's work and its facilities.
- Three days of formal training on how CHSW works, how we are funded, how we started, what it means for families who use our service and how we help to make memories for our families.
- Support and guidance with presentation skills, style and adapting presentations for the needs of the audience.
- Feedback from talks.
Benefits for students
- Improve self confidence.
- A detailed understanding of how one organisation (CHSW) works.
- Develop research skills.
- Develop presentation skills.
- Work as part of a team.
- Develop and adapt communication skills.
- Effectively use feedback.
- A CV which sets them apart from others.
For more information and to request any application forms, please complete the enquiry form and your local community fundraiser will be in contact.
We're here to help
We can provide you with all the support you need, as well as lots of materials such as balloons, posters and stickers. Your local Community Fundraiser can come along and give a talk, or collect a cheque.
If you’d like to get involved, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact your local Community Fundraiser to find out more, or fill in the enquiry form below.