Your Distance, Your Way
Get on your bike – or scooter, skateboard, trike, balance bike, tandem, penny farthing, unicycle, roller skates – to help support families and children with life-limiting conditions!
The eighth edition of Prudential RideLondon was due to take place on 15 and 16 August 2020. Whatever your age or ability, you can join still in – wherever you live in the UK and with whoever you like – family, friends or by yourself.
It’s your ride, your way, for Children's Hospice South West.
How to sign up
- Visit myridelondon.co.uk and select your challenge. There are three cycling distances to choose from, or you can invent your own My FreeCycle wheeled challenge over 1km
- Set up your fundraising page and let people know you’re supporting us so they can sponsor you.
- Set your wheels in motion and complete your challenge anywhere, at any time, over the weekend of 15-16 of August!
- Encourage your family and friends to take part and help save the UK’s charities. Spread the word on social media too by using the hashtag #MyPRL when posting about the event. Tag us too on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram – we’d love to share what you come up with!
Please follow the latest government guidelines on exercise and social distancing. Most people are taking part on 15 or 16 August 2020, but you can do your activity whenever is most convenient for you.
You are invited to complete one (or more!) of four challenges over the weekend.
- 19 miles for riders in search of a challenge
- 46 miles for riders who want to push the boundaries
- A more taxing 100 miles for those who want to go all-out
- Or the distance of your choice at My Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle.
Whilst some of the longer distances are for over 18s only, riders of all ages and abilities are invited to take part in My Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle, which can be any distance and should suit your skills and the type of wheels you have – whether it’s 20 times round the block on your roller skates or a lap of the local park on your scooter.
No bike? No problem. You can do My FreeCycle on anything with non-motorised wheels: scooter, skateboard, balance bike, wheelchair, unicycle or scooter, the choice is yours. Have fun and set your own challenge by choosing the My Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle option when you register. Just remember that you will need to move a minimum of 1km for the app to track you, record your achievement and generate your personalised My Prudential RideLondon certificate.
Check out the My Prudential RideLondon website for more ideas and inspiration, as well as advice on staying safe and cycling responsibly on the road.