Christmas is a special time of year, and for many, often a time to reflect and remember family and friends who are no longer with us. Children’s Hospice South West’s Light up a Life Appeal is for everyone, not only for families who have been helped by Children’s Hospice South West. By donating in memory and/or attending one of our Light Up a Life services, it’s your opportunity to remember and celebrate the life of someone dear to you, young or old, who lit up your life.
Make a donation in memory of a loved one
When you donate in memory of a loved one their name will be placed in our Light Up a Life Book of Remembrance as a lasting tribute which can be viewed at Little Bridge House in Fremington and our Light Up a Light services. A ribbon will also be tied to our remembrance star at Little Bridge House which can beviewed at any time over the festive period.
Your donation and support really will make a difference and add light to the lives of more children with life-limiting conditions and their families facing an uncertain future. Simply complete our online form to let us know the names of those special to you.
During December, Children’s Hospice South West in conjunction with North Devon Hospice hold Light Up a Life services across North Devon. At each service, we offer a candle for you to light in memory of your loved one, making it even more personal. After each service refreshments and mince pies are available.
- Little Bridge House, Fremington, Barnstaple, Monday, 2 December at 6.00pm*
- St Mary Magdalene Church, Chulmleigh, Monday, 2 December at 6.30pm
- Methodist Church, Marwood, Wednesday, 4 December at 6.30pm
- The Bethel Church, East-the-Water, Thursday, 5 December at 7.30pm
Grosvenor Church, Barnstaple, Friday, 6 December at 7.00pm
St Philip and St James Church, Ilfracombe, Sunday, 8 December at 6.30pm
- Northam Methodist Church, Sunday, 8 December at 4.00pm*
- Fremington Methodist Church, Sunday, 8 December at 6.30pm
Cheriton Fitzpaine, St Matthews's Church, Sunday, 8 December at 6.00pm*
- Christ Church, Braunton, Monday, 9 December at 7.00pm
- All Hallows Church, Woolsery, Wednesday, 11 December at 7.00pm
- Methodist Church, South Molton, Wednesday, 11 December at 7.00pm
- Christ Church, Barnstaple, Thursday, 12 December at 7.00pm*
- Bideford Pannier Market, Saturday, 14 December at 6.00pm
- Methodist Church, Combe Martin, Sunday, 15 December at 6.30pm
- Methodist Church, Torrington, Sunday, 15 December at 6.30pm
- St Peter's Church, North Tawton, Friday, 20 December at 6.30pm*
Dedicated CHSW services are marked with an asterisk*.