The foodie way to fundraise!
Host a Cook Eat Give and raise money with your culinary skills for children with life-limiting conditions and their families. Every meal, however large or small, will make a big difference. Hosting a Cook Eat Give is easy and our fundraising team are here to help every step of the way. Simply invite friends and family for dinner, cook them a meal and they donate what they think your cooking is worth!
- A bunch of family/friends/neighbours/colleagues
- One dining area of your choice
- A drizzle of creativity
Once you’ve whisked up your culinary delights, serve to your invited guests to enjoy.
Invite your guests to make a donation for their meal towards your fundraising for Children’s Hospice South West.
Printed materials for Cook Eat Give have been kindly donated by the following: Hampton Printing (Bristol) Limited, Denmaur Independent Papers Limited and Channel Cutters Limited.
Why take part?
Imagine being told that your child, or a child you know, has a life-limiting condition and is unlikely to reach adulthood. By hosting a Cook Eat Give you can help local familes that have recieved such news.
Together with your help, we aim to make the most of every moment for these families. At the children's hospice food is very often a feature. Siblings baking treats in the kitchens, families eating together around our large dining tables, our cooks preparing home-cooked meals for children with special dietary requirements or a simple biscuit and a cuppa over a supportive chat.
Planned respite stays offer an opportunity for a break and parents often say they cherish the rare chance to sit down and eat together as a family. By hosting a Cook Eat Give you'll not only enjoy time with your own friends and family, but you'll help to ensure local families can continue to have these important times.
Dinner at home for us is when the girls want it and I’m holding Sophia, eating with one hand because I can’t put her down. But at the hospice I get to eat with a knife and fork, which feels like a luxury! We all sit together around the table as a family. That time means such a lot to me.
Our services are free to families who need us, but we need your help to continue this support. Cook Eat Give is a fun and simple way you can raise money and smiles with food around your own dining table, and every penny you raise will help make the most of short and precious lives.
Every penny you raise hosting a Cook Eat Give event supports the work of Children's Hospice South West and makes a big difference to the children and familes we support.
Read some of our heartwarming family stories and find out how your generosity and support makes such an impact.
Host your own Cook Eat Give
We'd love to hear from you and know you're thinking of hosting a Cook Eat Give. Requesting your fundraising pack is a piece of cake. It's full of ideas, inspiration and extra resources. However, if you're keen to just get cracking, there are a few resources below for you to download.
Hungry for more!
By holding your own foodie fundraiser, every penny you raise will go directly to helping local families.
Here are a few ideas to help boost your fundraising and make it a fun and memorable for your guests:
- Donation for an exclusive drink or cocktail
- Theme your Cook Eat Give... pizza party, fish supper, Mexican fiesta, fun fondue...
- Donation fine for talking about work!
- Hold an after dinner quiz (donation for entry!)
- Have your Cook Eat Give coin collector on the table to collect your extra fundraising
- Share our family stories with your guests before or at your event, so they know exactly how their kind donations will help
There's lots more ideas, inspiration and extra resources available in your fundraising pack!
- £20 could pay for the ingredients for baking sessions with the siblings for a week
- £50 could pay for a Sunday roast dinner for the families staying at one hospice
- £75 could pay the weekly milk, egg and cheese bill at one of our hospices
- £100 could pay the daily food bill at one of our hospices
- £200 could pay for fresh fruit and veg for a week at one of our hospices
- Specialist medical care is available 24-hours-a-day, 365-days-a-year
- Services are free for families; providing short breaks for respite, palliative, emergency and end of life care
- It costs around £11million each year to stay open. Funds are raised almost entirely from voluntary donations
- We care for the whole family, including sibling support for well brothers and sisters.
- The average amount of time a family uses our services is 6 years
- Each of our hospices has a special room called ‘Starborn’ in which after a child dies they can be laid for up to seven days. This allows families to be in an environment where they can say goodbye to their child
- We offer a bereavement service for as long as a family requires it. Many return to our annual bereavement days at each hospice
- HRH Duchess of Cornwall is our patron
Paying in your money is as easy as pie!
Whether you're a Cook Eat Give host or a guest, paying in your money is quick and easy to do.
Don’t forget to send us your donation form so we can claim Gift Aid.
1. Ask your guests to make their donation online (which means no money to collect for you!):
- Set up an online giving page at Virgin Money Giving or Just Giving
- Pay in your donation using our online form
2. Ask your guests to bring money with them, collect their donations and pay in:
- Online: using the form below
- Post: send a cheque made payable to ‘Children’s Hospice South West’ (with your donation form) to CHSW Head Office, Little Bridge House, Redlands Road, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon EX31 2PZ
- By hand: at your local CHSW children’s hospice (with your donation form)