Get nifty with your fifty!
The idea is simple; we’ll give you £50 and 50 days to turn this money into as much as possible! How you decide to do this is entirely up to you. Whether you are a team of 2 or 200 you can take part. It’s great fun and a rewarding way of helping your local children’s hospice.
- Increased awareness of your business by linking with a local charity.
- Team building within your workplace, boosting morale and enthusiasm.
- Fun and engaging PR and social media opportunities.
- Networking potential with other participating businesses.
- Help to fulfil your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
- Increased engagement with clients, customers or suppliers.
We loved taking part in the £50 Challenge. It was great fun working together as a team to come up with different ways to make as much money as possible and of course to support such a worthwhile cause. We would recommend it to anyone!
Latest event news
For every £ you raise, you will be helping to raise a smile
By taking part in the £50 Challenge you will be helping children and young people with life-limiting conditions, which means they will die before reaching adulthood. The funds you raise will help us to provide respite, palliative and end of life care, as well as essential support for the whole family, for as long as they need us.
Paying in your money
Following completion of the £50 Challenge please complete the funds raised form and return to us with the money you have raised. You can pay in your fundraising money online. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Children’s Hospice South West’. If you would prefer to transfer the money direct into the CHSW bank account or if you have cash, please contact us to make arrangements.
Please make sure that you send in the best photographs from your £50 Challenge to your local corporate fundraiser as we may feature them on our website or in future £50 Challenge materials.
- Get your team together and nominate a Team Captain. You can enter as many teams as you like, as long as all team members work for the same company.
- Sign up using our online form
- We will be in touch with your £50 investment and fundraising support.
- Reinvest/fundraise over the 50 days and raise as much as you can.
Check out the challenge rules ...
We do ask that you adhere to the terms in the £50 Challenge Agreement. Here are a few helpful hints to get you get started. Raise as much as you can and above all, enjoy the challenge!
Some do's and don'ts
- Do ensure that all written communications with the public (including letters, emails, posters, etc.) include the words ‘in aid of Children’s Hospice South West (Registered Charity Number 1003314)’.
- Do try and come up with something innovative!
- Do your research – risk assessment, legal requirements, licences, insurance etc.
- Do ensure that you have the necessary licence or consent from the relevant local authority before you undertake street collections or collections in public areas. You do not require a permit to collect in private areas e.g. your workplace but you should get the permission of your employer.
- Do get in touch with your local Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser for help and advice.
- Do be enthusiastic – your enthusiasm will be infectious. Don’t get too despondent – not everyone you ask will help or get involved.
- Don’t forget to ask for ‘gifts in kind’ that you can sell on - it’s not all about cold hard cash! Don’t forget to use the profit/loss sheet.
- Don’t forget to check the legal requirements if you’re holding a raffle.
- Don’t be afraid to tell anyone and everyone about what you are doing, you never know when someone may be able to help by donating funds or coming up with a good idea.
- All fundraising activities undertaken must be done ethically.
- Please ensure that any donations received do not come from any of the following sources:
- Crime or fraudulent activity.
- Armaments (however you can accept funds from this sector, eg. the Armed Forces (MOD)).
- Tobacco and alcohol (it is however acceptable to receive donations of alcoholic drinks for events).
- Child labour
- Gambling including scratch cards (raffles are permitted in compliance with guidelines set out in your information pack). If you are unsure whether a donation or activity may be deemed as unethical please get in touch with your local Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser in the first instance.