Terms and conditions
Thank you for visiting our website. Please read these terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully before using this or any of our other websites or placing an order with us. If you are under 18, please get a parent or guardian to read through these Terms and Conditions and to discuss them with you.
Who we are
CHSW means Children’s Hospice South West, a charity registered under number 1003314 in England and Wales with its registered offices at Little Bridge House, Redland Road, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 2PZ. For more information read our About us page.
Material on this website
- Material on our website is provided for information purposes only.
- Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability.
- We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice.
- Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information.
- We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Any medical information referred to in or through this Website is given for information purposes only and it is not intended to constitute professional advice for medical diagnosis or treatment, to replace consultation with a qualified medical practitioner, or to advocate or recommend the purchase of any product or to endorse or guarantee the credentials or appropriateness of any health care provider. You are strongly advised to consult with an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
- This site contains links to external websites. Any external links are provided as a source of additional information and/or as links to our corporate partners and sponsors, although this is entirely at our discretion.
- Where we provide links to other websites, we do so for information purposes only.
- We are not responsible for the content or accessibility of any other websites or pages linking to or from our website or social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- We have not verified the content of any such websites and links to other websites do not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites.
- If you choose to follow links to other websites you do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
- External websites linked to from this website or from our social media accounts may not conform fully to CHSW's recommended accessibility standards. If you think an external website is not accessible, you may like to contact Fix the Web and let them know.
- If you would like to establish a link to our website, please ask our permission before you do so. If you would like to request a link from our website to your website, please email email@example.com.
Advertisers, corporate partners and sponsors
We may from time to time allow companies to advertise goods and services on our site. While we will not knowingly run an advert that is untrue, or which relates to goods or services contrary to our objectives, the appearance of an advert does not mean that we endorse the advertiser's goods or services. With the exception of products sold on this website, we are not responsible for the accuracy of any advertising material or for any advertised product or service.
Use of the website and copyright
- All material on this site is the copyright of CHSW or third parties.
- Our downloadable leaflets and brochures, and our web pages can be printed, copied and used for private use, study or teaching purposes; however no modification may be made to the content. They may not be used for commercial, public or any other purposes without the specific written consent of CHSW.
- Some information, materials or photos on our website may be the property of another copyright owner, used here with their permission, and must not be used without their consent.
The website is intended for people accessing it from within the United Kingdom. We cannot guarantee the site or the information it contains complies with or is appropriate for use in other countries. If you are under 18 years old you must comply with the eligibility terms and have permission from a parent to use the website.
Whilst we try to ensure that the website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Neither we nor any other party involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the website for any amount or kind of loss or damage (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damage) or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence, contract or otherwise) in connection with your use, inability to use or the results of use of the website, any websites linked to the website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the website or your downloading of any material from the website or any websites linked to the website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), fraud, or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter.
If your use of the website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of your equipment, software or data, you assume all costs of this.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse this site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which are malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this site, the servers on which this site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this site. You must not attack this site via a denial-of-service attack or a disrupted denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this site and any other site we operate will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this site or your downloading of any material posted on it or on any site linked to it. Therefore, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Website.
Privacy and data protection
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. For more information on please see our privacy and cookies policy
Processing information on you
Your personal information
We reserve the right to vary event registration fees and the prices of any goods or services listed without notice. All event registrations and orders for goods or services are subject to availability and CHSW reserves the right to refuse to accept any registration and to refuse to supply any goods or services to any individual.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly because the amended Terms and Conditions will apply to your continued use of the website. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be extended or superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the website.
Contacting us about our terms and conditions
If you are uncertain about anything in these terms and conditions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Children's Hospice South West, Little Bridge House, Redlands Road, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 2PZ
Feedback and complaints
We welcome your comments about our website. If you find anything incorrect, not working or want to say anything else, please email email@example.com.