Fundraising Office Volunteer - Little Harbour, St Austell
Location: St Austell, Cornwall | Department: Fundraising | Vacancy Type: Voluntary | Start date: Immediate
We have fundraising teams based at each of our hospices, and a small team based in our Tiverton Chinon Court Office. However, we rely hugely on the support of volunteers to help with administration tasks, which might include conducting research, sending fundraising packs, contacting supporters, using the fundraising database or preparing resources for fundraising events.
Tasks may include:
- Updating and inputting records on the fundraising database
- Supporting CHSW fundraising events
- Supporting the community and corporate fundraisers with tasks
- Providing support with general office duties e.g. filling, photocopying, scanning and shredding
- Helping to prepare Fundraising resources for supporters and CHSW events
- Preparing various information/fundraising packs as required
- Typing (using Microsoft Word or Excel)
- Desk based research via email and phone
What we're looking for?
Individuals who enjoy undertaking administrative tasks and are happy volunteering as part of a fundraising team
You will need to be able to make your own way to Little Harbour, Porthpean Road, Porthpean, St Austell, Cornwall, PL26 6AZ..
Individuals who have good administration, organisation and communication skills or someone who is looking to develop their skills in any of these areas..
- Communication skills
- Develop your interpersonal skills
- Being part of a fun, enthusiastic and supportive team
- Adding to your CV
- Making a difference within your local community
- Knowledge of Children’s Hospice South West
- Supporting a worthwhile local charity
- Previous experience in an administrative role would be beneficial.
Hours can be flexible to suit your own commitments.
How to apply
Please complete the volunteer registration form below, and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the post to: HR Team, CHSW Little Harbour, Porthpean Road, Porthpean, St Austell, Cornwall, PL26 6AZ.
If you have any queries please contact the HR Team at Little Harbour on 01726 871819.
Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. CHSW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share their commitment. All offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Charity Registration Number 1003314.