Fundraising Office Volunteer (Devon)
Location: Tiverton, Devon | Department: Fundraising | Vacancy Type: Voluntary | Start date: Immediate
At Children’s Hospice South West, in addition to the fundraising teams based at each of our hospices, we have a small team based in our Tiverton Chinon Court offices who provide support and advice for all of the wonderful people who choose to fundraise for us. However, we rely hugely on the support of volunteers to help with administration tasks, which might include conducting research, sending fundraising packs, contacting supporters, using the fundraising database or preparing resources for fundraising events. Your role will both support community and corporate fundraisers.
Tasks may include:
- Updating and inputting records on the fundraising database
- Supporting CHSW fundraising events
- Supporting the community and corporate fundraisers with tasks
- Providing support with general office duties e.g. filling, photocopying, scanning and shredding
- Helping to prepare Fundraising resources for supporters and CHSW events
- Preparing various information/fundraising packs as required
- Typing (using Microsoft Word or Excel)
- Desk based research via email and phone
What we're looking for?
Individuals who enjoy undertaking administrative tasks and are happy volunteering as part of a small fundraising team.
You will need to be able to make your own way to our offices at Tiverton Chinon Court, Unit 4-5, Chinon Court, Lower Moor Way, Tiverton Business Park, Tiverton, EX16 6SS.
Individuals who have good administration, organisation and communication skills or someone who is looking to develop their skills in any of these areas.
- Communication skills
- Develop your interpersonal skills
- Being part of a fun, enthusiastic and supportive team
- Adding to your CV
- Making a difference within your local community
- Knowledge of Children’s Hospice South West
- Supporting a worthwhile local charity
- Ability to attend a tour of Little Bridge House, Fremington and learn about CHSW.
- Previous experience in an administrative role would be beneficial.
3-4 hours per week. Although hours can be flexible to suit your own commitments
How to register
To register for this role please complete our online enquiry form.
Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. CHSW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share their commitment. All offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Charity Registration Number 1003314.