Ride for Precious Lives 2020 event terms and conditions
Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before completing your entry registration on our website. You should understand that by submitting your registration form, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
CHSW reserves the right to update their terms and conditions in relation to the event at any time or prior to the event day.
This document sets out the details of the arrangement between you and each of Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) and Arrowhead Management Limited in relation to the Ride for Precious Lives event (Event). By registering for the Event, you agree to the terms and conditions set out in this document.
Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) reserves the right to close registration when participant levels reach capacity.
You acknowledge that:
- Arrowhead Management Limited is the organiser of the Event and CHSW acts as the promoter and beneficiary of the Event.
- I, the primary entrant (or team captain), am responsible for providing the correct, required information for all participants entered within an online entry form. By agreeing to these terms as the primary entrant, I agree to the event terms and conditions on behalf of all participants entered within an online entry form. The primary entrant is anyone registering a participant other than or as well as themselves.
- You take part in the Event at your own risk and that you are solely responsible for your own personal health and safety.
- Any property you take with you to the Event shall be your sole responsibility.
- Arrowhead Management LTD reserves the right to make emergency decisions based on adverse conditions at the Event, or to change the Event route or number of participants permitted to take part in the Event, if Arrowhead Management LTD believes it is in the best interests of one or more of the participants to do so;
- You are aware of the inherent risks involved in the Event, including physical hazards along the route, other participants in the Event, the general public or wildlife, and adverse weather conditions.
- You will be physically capable cycling 60-85 miles per day (which will include steep hills and other upward gradients) during the Event and understand that this distance can be very challenging.
- Your participation in the Event is subject to you completing a medical declaration prior to the Event. CHSW and Arrowhead Management LTD reserve the right to require written consent from your GP before allowing you to participate in the Event.
- You will be responsible for the provision of all drinks during the Event, other than at the designated rest stops where water will be provided.
- CHSW and Arrowhead Management LTD reserves the right to refuse entry to the event for any participant who poses a reputational risk, in this instance a full refund of registration fee will be offered.
- If your application is successful; you will be contacted regarding how to make payment for your place. Once your payment has been made you will receive an email confirming your acceptance onto the event.
- Places are non-transferable.
- Refund policy up to and including the first day of March; if you are unable to take part due to ill health or injury, on receipt of a medical certificate, CHSW can offer to roll your place over to the following consecutive year or refund any monies relating to the registration fee, after a deduction of a £25 cancellation charge. If you are unable to take part for any reason other than ill health or injury, CHSW can refund any monies relating to the registration fee after a deduction of a £50 cancellation charge.
Refund policy after the first day of March; if you are unable to take part due to ill health or injury, on receipt of a medical certificate, CHSW can offer to roll your place over to the following consecutive year. However, if you are unable to take part for any reason other than ill health or injury, CHSW is unable to roll your place over to the following year or offer a refund of any monies relating to the registration fee.
Neither CHSW nor Arrowhead Management LTD shall not be liable for any personal injury you may suffer (including death) as a result of your participation in the Event unless CHSW, its employees or volunteers, or Arrowhead Management LTD, its employees or volunteers, cause this through their negligence. Neither CHSW nor Arrowhead Management LTD shall be responsible for, or shall be liable to you for, any loss or damage to your property during or in connection with the event.
3. Your obligations
- You will supply all equipment that you will need to participate in the Event, including a bicycle, helmet, lights and spare parts (Equipment). Arrowhead Management LTD recommends a minimum 3 spare bicycle inner tubes.
- You will ensure that all Equipment is in proper working order and fit for its intended purpose and shall take out appropriate insurance cover to the full replacement value of the Equipment for the duration of the Event. The insurance must cover the Event and include theft and damage to the bicycle.
- You will wear suitable protective equipment, including a helmet, at all times during the cycling stages of the Event.
- You will always keep all critical medical information on your person during the Event.
- You will complete and return to Arrowhead Management LTD the medical declaration form before the Event.
- You will act in a courteous manner towards all other participants in the Event, CHSW (including its employees and volunteers), Arrowhead Management LTD (including its employees and volunteers) and the general public at all times during the Event.
- You will conduct yourself in a safe and prudent manner whilst participating in the Event and will not intentionally or recklessly endanger the safety of any other person during the Event.
- You will abide by all safety instructions of CHSW or Arrowhead Management LTD and agree to act upon the reasonable requests and advice of CHSW.
- You will not use any illicit or illegal substance during your participation in the Event, nor will you consume levels of alcohol beyond the legal limits for driving a motorised vehicle on public roads.
- You understand that this is a charity event with an individual suggested minimum sponsorship of £1000.
- I agree that I have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship money collected in respect of my fundraising efforts is paid directly to CHSW within three months of the event day. If I am unable to take part in the event, all sponsorship money will be treated a donation, unless the donor requests the return of their sponsorship in which case individual donors must be contacted by the participant, who must then ask them to contact CHSW directly.
You consent to and permit emergency medical treatment if you suffer illness or injury during the Event, including transportation to a medical facility. You will be responsible for any and all related costs.
Any photographs and video footage taken during the event may be used to publicise this event and the work of the CHSW generally and may also be used by other charities as part of a franchise agreement.
5. Your personal information
- CHSW will use the mobile number supplied to contact you via, SMS or voice call about your participation in the event, including key information and health and safety advice during the event weekend itself.
- CHSW and Arrowhead Management LTD will use the mobile number supplied to contact you via a RFPL WhatsApp group for the duration of the event – (Wednesday preceding the event, through to the event finale Sunday evening), to relay any significant messages as required. This is due to the nature of the event and the lack of mobile signal in some areas across the South West.
- CHSW will use the personal information you provide to CHSW to keep you informed of any aspect of the Event that may affect you or that CHSW believes may be of interest to you (including any other CHSW events) but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting CHSW.
- CHSW will share your personal information with Arrowhead Management LTD and any medical personnel attending at the Event but CHSW will not provide your personal information to any other person unless CHSW is permitted to do so by law.
- You consent to and permit CHSW and Arrowhead Management LTD to the use photographs or video footage taken during the Event for promotional purposes.
5. Changes to the event and cancellation
- I am aware the organiser reserves the right to change the course distance, the event date, changes to the course, or make any other amendment to the event that they deem necessary to stage the event. Any change to the event will be communicated to me as soon as possible. Should the event date be changed, your registration will be automatically transferred to the new date, of a refund offered on request.
- The event organiser reserves the right to alter the start time of the event. In the event of a change of start time the participants will be notified of the revised start time with as much notice as reasonably practicable. No refund or in part shall be made for any change in start time for an event provided the event takes place on the specified date of the event.
- The event organiser (CHSW or Arrowhead Management LTD) reserves the right to amend the event format or cancel the event due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control or for any safety related reason with no further liability whatsoever arising from such cancellation. In the event of cancellation, the participant’s event fee will be treated as a donation, unless the participant requests a refund within seven days of the cancellation.
- Any sponsorship money received by CHSW can be refunded on the request of the sponsor.