Terms and conditions
- I, The primary entrant (or team captain), am responsible for providing the correct, required information for all participants entered within an online entry form. By agreeing to these terms as the primary entrant, I agree to the event terms and conditions on behalf of all participants entered within an online entry form. The primary entrant is anyone registering a participant other than or as well as themselves.
- You must be aware that photographs and video footage taken during the event may be used to publicise this event and the work of the CHSW generally and may also be used by other charities as part of a franchise agreement.
- I am aware of the distance of this event and I confirm I am healthy and fit enough to take part. I agree that medical advice should be sought from my GP if I am in any doubt as to my physical ability to participate in this event.
- CHSW cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss to participant’s personal belongings, items of clothing, shoes, equipment or vehicles.
- All participants taking part in an event do so at their own risk. In no event shall CHSW be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this event.
- CHSW reserves the right to update their terms and conditions in relation to the event at any time or prior to the event day.
2. Booking Process, prices and payment
- I agree to receive emails, postal mail and texts regarding my participation in this event, including fundraising information, key event information and health and safety advice during the event itself.
- I agree that I have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship money collected in respect of my fundraising efforts is paid directly to CHSW within three months of the event day. If I am unable to take part in the event, all sponsorship money will be treated a donation, unless the donor requests the return of their sponsorship in which case individual donors must be contacted by the participant, who must then ask them to contact CHSW directly.
- Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) reserves the right to close registration when participant levels reach capacity.
- Any participant that acts negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the event or other participants, to cause the participants removal from the event, will not be entitled to a refund. The event organiser reserves the right at any time to remove participants from the event.
- CHSW reserves the right to cancel individual registrations or refuse entry to individuals, should there be a just cause
4. Changes to the event and cancellation
- I am aware the organiser reserves the right to change the course distance, the event date, changes to the course, or make any other amendment to the event that they deem necessary to stage the event. Any change to the event will be communicated to me as soon as possible. Should the event date be changed, your registration will be automatically transferred to the new date, of a refund offered on request.
- The event organiser reserves the right to alter the start time of the event. In the event of a change of start time the participants will be notified of the revised start time with as much notice as reasonably practicable. No refund or in part shall be made for any change in start time for an event provided the event takes place on the specified date of the event.
- The event organiser reserves the right to amend the event format or cancel the event due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control or for any safety related reason with no further liability whatsoever arising from such cancellation. In the event of cancellation the participant’s event fee will be treated as a donation, unless the participant requests a refund within seven days of the cancellation.
- In the unlikely event that CHSW has to cancel the event, all participants will automatically be refunded their registration fees, and any sponsorship money received by CHSW can be refunded on the request of the sponsor.
- If you are unable to participate, in extenuating circumstances, on authorisation from the fundraising manager, CHSW will refund any monies relating to your registration fee, after a deduction of a £5 admin fee. Any documentation sent to you (i.e running number) must be returned before the refund is processed.
Please ensure you read this carefully:
- The coloured powder paint is 100% safe and non- toxic. It is biodegradable and will not affect the environment. The paint should not cause harm to participants however we recommend that you do not enter if you have a respiratory, skin or medical condition that could be affected. If you are unsure, please consult your doctor before taking part.
- Your running number must be worn at all times, please secure it with safety pins to your white t-shirt and please fill in your medical details on the back before you run If you have concerns about breathing in the colour, we recommend that you bring a face mask or a bandana to wear.
- Please listen carefully to any information or instructions that marshals give – they are also there to contact first aid support if you need help.
- We recommend that you consider wearing sunglasses/goggles to protect your eyes from the colour. If any colour does get in your eyes, wash it out immediately at the eye wash stations positioned around the course. Please do not throw colour in to other people’s faces.
- If you have concerns about getting the colour in your hair, we recommend that you wear a hat as you run. The colour does wash out and will not permanently colour your hair.
- Please wear clothes that you do not mind getting stained. CHSW cannot accept any responsibility for stained clothes or personal belongings. If you want to be showered in less paint we recommend running in the inside lane where less of the paint thrown by our Rainbow throwers will reach you.
- Cleaning stations are provided after the run, where you can brush off the majority of the powder – please use this facility to avoid getting the coloured powder inside your car or public transport on your journey home! If you are driving to the venue, we recommend that you bring towels to cover your car seat.
- If it has been raining, please slow down in the Rainbow stations to avoid slipping on paint. Please stay aware of any other slip and trip hazards to avoid injury e.g. kerbs, drain and potholes.
- Please wear a well-fitting pair of trainers (that you don’t mind getting paint on).
- If any runner is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs they will not be allowed to take part.