Participant safety brief
Moonlight Memory Walk
Please ensure you read this carefully:
- Walkers must stay on pavements where available, walk two abreast on narrow sections and ensure pedestrians have an equal opportunity to use pavements.
- Walkers should stay aware of slip/trip hazards and road traffic to avoid injury.
- No consumption of alcohol is allowed; if a walker is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs they will not be allowed to take part.
- Please ensure you bring appropriate clothing for cold or wet weather.
- Walkers must wear their walker ID lanyard at all times and must hand it in at the finish line.
- In areas which could present risks from anti-social behaviour from members of the public affected by alcohol, walkers are asked to walk swiftly, not engage in communication and listen to instructions from marshals.
- Walkers are asked to keep noise to a minimum when walking through residential areas.
- No walker will be allowed to leave before we officially start the walk, nor leave after the back marshals have set off.