Fundraising on your birthday, anniversary or a special occasion
Make your day extra special!
Dedicate your birthday, anniversary or other special occasion to Children's Hospice South West in our 30th year by setting up a special fundraising page and ask for donations. Give your friends and family the opportunity to help support families and children across the South West.
How to get started with your fundraising
- Set a target on your online giving page
- Ask people to add Gift Aid by mentioning the benefits of doing so on your page description. If they’re a UK taxpayer, this will increase their donation by 25% at no extra cost
- See if your employer offers ‘Matched Giving’. It’s an easy way to double your fundraising as your employer will agree to match the amount you raise
- We offer lots of supports. Contact our team of Community Fundraisers to find out more about the range of resources we can offer: donation envelopes, sponsorship forms, and much more
- And finally, don't forget to tell people about it. Add your story and photos to your online giving page and share on your social media channels
How to fundraise for your special occasion on Facebook
Setting up a fundraiser on Facebook is an easy way to fundraise. Visit the Children's Hospice South West Facebook page and click on 'Fundraisers' to get started today!
All you need to do is set your fundraising target and choose when it will end. It's a good idea to set it up a few weeks before your birthday or anniversary so there's plenty of time for your friends and family to donate.
Don't forget to tag us in your birthday posts and get in touch if you need any help.
If you're not on Facebook, you can still fundraise for your special celebration. You can set up an online fundraising page on JustGiving. It's simple to set up and you can personalise your page to share why you're fundraising as well as share your page with your family and friends.