The Bideford 10k is a popular run between Bideford and Instow
The course is a combination of road and track taking in some of Torridgeside’s outstanding beauty, including a section of the renowned Tarka Trail. The course is moderately flat with two small hills and should prove to be both challenging and a good opportunity for runners to achieve a fast time!!
The course starts and finishes very close to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club clubhouse and takes in magnificent views of the Taw and Torridge estuary. The course is heads out on roads and returns on the Tarka Trail. The race is moderately flat with only two small inclines.
This year Bideford 10k are proud to be fundraising for Children's Hospice South West, so by taking part runners will also help support the work of the Charity.
Start your fundraising today!
Join our team of amazing fundraisers by taking part in the Bideford 10k.
Our fundraising teams are here to support you every step of the way, and make fundraising as easy and fun as possible. We have fundraising ideas for every occasion, how-to guides and great branded materials for you to download.
Your fundraising helps children and families make the most of their precious time together. Every penny you raise makes a lifetime of difference to the lives of the children and families we support.
The course starts and finishes very close to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club clubhouse and takes in magnificent views of the Taw and Torridge estuary. The course is heads out on roads and returns on the Tarka Trail. The race is moderately flat with only two small inclines. View the course
Medals, prizes and trophies
- All finishers will receive a t-shirt and medal – run all three of our races and your medals will stack together! Our 2019 medals will be a different colour to those in 2016, 2017 and 2018. The 10k is the second race in the series.
- Cash prizes for the first three male and female finishers (£100/£90/£80)
- Champagne for the first male and female finishers
- Category trophies for: U20 male and female: 1st only; Senior female to V70 female: 1st, 2nd and 3rd; Senior male to V80 male: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
All prizes and trophies will be available at the prize presentation in the clubhouse. All race positions and category trophies are based on gun to chip times
- Online entries and race transfers close Thursday 9 May 2019, 11pm or when race reaches capacity, 1,500 runners
- Information on how to transfer your race place or update your details (such as contact details including postal address)
- Race assembly is at 10.20am, at the entrance of Riverbank car park which is close to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club clubhouse. Race start 10.30am
- Please take the time to read the race terms and conditions, cancellation policy and race cut-off times
- Baggage store, changing facilities and showers will be available in our clubhouse. Toilets (portaloos only) will be outside and clearly signposted. There are also public toilets on the quay and by Riverbank car park.
- Refreshments will be available throughout the day at the clubhouse and the club bar will be open from 12noon.
- Pay and display car parking is within walking distance of the clubhouse and race start including the Cattle Market car park (EX39 2QG) and Riverbank car park (EX39 2QS). Competitors are requested not to park in the nearby Morrisons.
Entry enquires: 01935 388 733 | Race enquires: Alan Heard on 01237 470 254 or 07974 902 670